Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Unexpected visit while brewing an APA

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2009, 10:43 PM   #21
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 375 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHippo View Post
slowpoke APA
Hard Shell APA
If he names it "SlowPoke APA" he needs to put this on the label...

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #22
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

What town do you live in? We are going to be in Cocoa for a week starting next Tuesday? Do you know of any good beer bars? I haven't been able to find much for good beer there. Most bars there think mich. amberbock is a good beer.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #23
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Are you in Cocoa or Cocoa Beach? If you are in Cocoa, make sure you take your bulletproof vest and a AK-47
I live about 10 miles south CB off of A1A. Go to Indian Harbor Beach to Coasters Brew Pub, they have more than 130 beers. Charlie & Jake's on Wickham in Melbourne is the county's only microbrewery. The local distributer is pushing craft beers a bit, so at a lot of places you get different Sam Adams, Longhammer IPA and a bunch of others. Mostly the same brews at most places

Kulturgüter Hopfen und Malz, Gott erhalt's!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #24
blefferd
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
Are you in Cocoa or Cocoa Beach? If you are in Cocoa, make sure you take your bulletproof vest and a AK-47
I live about 10 miles south CB off of A1A. Go to Indian Harbor Beach to Coasters Brew Pub, they have more than 130 beers. Charlie & Jake's on Wickham in Melbourne is the county's only microbrewery. The local distributer is pushing craft beers a bit, so at a lot of places you get different Sam Adams, Longhammer IPA and a bunch of others. Mostly the same brews at most places
Ive found the best towns and bars in FL are off A1A away from the tourists traps! If you are ever up around St. Augestine you should try the restraunt right on Matanza's Inlet. Its hard to miss right before the Matanza's bridge on A1A if you are going south to north!

they have some of the best datil pepper hot sauce EVER! very very nice people to drink with to

Beer and Kalashnikov since 2007

Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #25
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Unfortunately, at the Space Coast along A1A there are not too many great bars along A1A. There are certainly some I ran recommend also food wise, but no good beer bar.
If you want to see some boobies in Cocoa Beach, go to the Coconutz ... it's right at the beach ... or pm me

Old 04-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #26
nyer
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

We go to Coconut's alot. We also go to the Sandbar and the best beer bar I have seen so far was Coaster's. A relative lives near the place. Is Cocoa really that dangerous? I have a bunch of relatives that live there and we were thinking of moving there in a few years. The worst thing I know of that happened there was a burglary to my cousins house last year.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #27
Beau815
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If you are street smart its a very nice place to live. It has an urban feeling and very little grass. Mostly pavement and run down brick buildings. There is a tad of a problem with drugs and homicide is going up but VERY gradually. Its really only in the hot summer months when crime is at its peak and who really wants to go outside then anyways. As long as you mind your own business and don't stare directly at people you will be fine. I never had any problems except like you said the rare break in burglary that happens to all of us at some point, but what? like every 2 years or something! Not every day some most places around here. If your a tough person and like big city living I definitely recommend it. And NO you don't need an AK47 like he said. A simple handgun for home protection is fine.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:05 PM   #28
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, let's just say I live about 10 miles from Cocoa and have plenty of clients there, especially near the hot spots of W Cocoa and Fisk ... it IS dangerous in those areas. For the size of the area there are too many shootings. CB is fine... just Cocoa sucks bad

Quick Reply