Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Ultimate home brewery.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #41
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhermetz View Post
man that is so awesome...think someone could just build that?
Damn that is a cool little toy. S0 $1600 for the 5g? What about the 10G? I do not speak or read German

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2009, 04:05 PM   #42
Reinheitsgebot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

The 50 liter one (about 13 G) is US$2500. Still cheaper than a Sabco. Maybe less DIY than most guys like and a little hands-off, but I like the workmanship and the clean lines!

All you need is a 240 line. But if you have a pool, a spa or a electric clothes drier you will just need to run an extension....

Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #43
zman
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I wonder what shipping would be and what kinda warranty they have? They need a US distribution point. It is the perfect apartment setup

Old 12-24-2009, 01:17 AM   #44
Reinheitsgebot
Recipes 

I was going to call them after the holidays about that. They are closed till January 6 (thanks to the German Holiday plan....). I will report back!

Since I am German, I am sure they'll provide me with a free sample, if I sell a few over here....

Old 12-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #45
chefmike
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I kind of like climbing my ladder and replacing all my worn out hoses and cleaning pots on the driveway... people would expect so much more if I had a shiny brew set up.

Which is a long way of saying... I am waiting to hear on the import of that german model.

Building: gardens, recipes, and trailer mounted smoker/ wood pizza oven

Old 12-24-2009, 01:58 AM   #46
Ragutis
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I want to put something together like this.

Lots of fun rigs on this site.

http://www.brewzilla.nl/?brewhalla

Old 12-24-2009, 12:52 PM   #47
silverbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just watched the video for this compact German system and it looks like they have an upside down rims! Did I see a "false bottom" placed on the top of the mash tun and then see the liquid level rise and overflow into the heating element area?

I haven't fully grasped how this system opperates yet? any experts or fluent german speakers sussed it out yet?

Blessed are the "cracked", for it is they who let in the light.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #48
luvmy40
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbrewer View Post
I just watched the video for this compact German system and it looks like they have an upside down rims! Did I see a "false bottom" placed on the top of the mash tun and then see the liquid level rise and overflow into the heating element area?

I haven't fully grasped how this system opperates yet? any experts or fluent german speakers sussed it out yet?
That is exactly what you saw. The mash water is pumped up through the "grain cylinder" and heated with perimeter heaters.
I have been eyeballing this for a while. I like the compact design. What I don't like is the fact that there is no sparge function. If you want to sparge you have to heat your sparge volume on a second heat source and rinse by hand by dumping water into the gran cylinder when it is in the drain position.
I am curious what the efficiency would be if you just mashed with your full volume(mash in + sparge) for a 5 gallon batch in the 50L system.

*TANSTAAFL*
The best things in are NOT free. They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!

Old 01-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #49
khanti
Recipes 

Man, I'm drooling. Maybe in a few years I could afford a system like one of these. I love living in small houses (less to clean!) so that Speidels Braumeister system looks like just the thing. I too am curious about the efficiency, though. I wonder if there is a German homebrewing forum somewhere with folks like us talking over its merits? If so, I wonder if there's someone here that speaks German who could find and translate such a thing.... :-)

Old 01-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #50
Reinheitsgebot
Recipes 

well, they seem to like it. I guess the efficiency is similar to a Brutus 20 or other RIMS system without a true sparge.
I'd love to have one, too. The only issue, as I stated before is the power supply over here. Lots of Volts and Watts needed...

Quick Reply