The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > a teaser from a recent trip i took...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #1
jbreiding
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default a teaser from a recent trip i took...

and it was good!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

<======== Jealous

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
jbreiding
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
So did you bring any back with you?
yes, but at quite the cost because de vrede had no take away sixers and they didnt allow walk ups in the drive thru lane. beer mania is the only other place where you can get it and at 12 euros a bottle i crindged but bit the bullet this one time. the unfortunate thing is this place really has taken advantage of the publicity that westverletern has gotten. 198 euros flat shipping rate for the first 32kg. so whether you get one bottle or 45 (25cl) its an outrageous price. i had the owner pack it up in a box for me, free of charge, to put in my checked luggage. luckily, damn worthless luggage handlers, only broke one bottle. it just happen to be a bottle of the 12. sitting watching the luggage hanlders literally throwing bags onto the plane had me worried.

also brought back some westmalle tripel and rochefort 10. these were only a couple of euros a bottle.

Quick Reply