Little story for ya' all:
I work for a chemical company in the UK, and due to chronic difficulties in getting Starsan over here (or so I hear) I decided to just make my own.
Found a rough recipe, and got cracking. Looking at a patent for a low foam version, I figured that to the basic DDBSA, Phosphoric and Isoproyl Alochol (btw, we call that IPA at my work. Not a confussion to make during homebrew!) would do the job but need something to give it real foam.
We have kit for measuring foam generation. So I figured use it to check for the amount of foam and adjust as required.
End result of 1 test: Inconclusive. Test cancelled due to excess foam.