Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Photos of my herms system

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #11
nilo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 20 Posts

Nice work, I left a comment on the red ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
badmajon
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baquero View Post
Just want to invite you guys to take a look at my homebrewing blog. There's a lot of photos of my new herms system. The problem is that the blog is in Portuguese, but the image language is universal.
www.cervejaartesanalonline.blogspot.com

Regards
Rodrigo Baquero
Nice. I bet your beers would go great with Seu Jorge playing and some nice Brazillian BBQ!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #13
baquero
Recipes 

Hey Stephen, first of all, your portuguese is impressive for someone that have never been to Brazil. Also, i was very pleased to see all of you guys visiting my blog. I guess this really shows the spirit of collaboration and friendship of the homebrewers community around the world. After all, i was inspired for all the good work and fantastic ideas from yours brewing systems and the great discussions of this forum. This forum is really awesome.
Well, answering Stephen questions, Brazil is now discovering the world of beers. Not long time ago we didn't have any other beer than those watery and flavorless lagers that the industry forced us to drink. That was, initially, the motivation to start the homebrewing movement. What is happening here is something like you had a couple of decades ago; the revolution of beer. For the past 6-8 years we've seen a continuous growth of the homebrewing scene, despite the challenges we face.
We have just a couple of suppliers for equipment, grains, hops.... and all the information on how to brew is based in your books. Still there's no portuguese publication on how to make beer. We import the classics: Palmer; Papazian; Daniels; Mosher; Noonan; Zainasheff....and so on. This is great for those who understand the language, but it creates a lot of misconceptions on the subject for those that doesn't read english or are not interested in studding it (the brewing process).
The other problem we face is the lack of proper brewing equipment. Thank's god we, homebrewers, are creative people and we manage this in various ways.
About the words we use to refer to the brewing equipment, we have some of them, but we also use lots of words in english. So here we go with some translations:

Homebrewer: cervejeiro caseiro or cervejeiro artesanal (craftbrewer)
Airlock is just airlock
Carboy: balde de fermentação (fermentation bucket)
Mash: brassagem
Mash tun: tanque de brassagem
Hot Liquor tank: tanque de água quente
Boil Kettle: tanque de fervura
Wort: mosto
yeast: fermento or levedura
chiller: trocador de calor (heat exchanger)

and, finally, beer: cerveja

Cheers : saúde!!!
Rodrigo Baquero

Quick Reply