Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Photos of my herms system

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
baquero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Photos of my herms system

Just want to invite you guys to take a look at my homebrewing blog. There's a lot of photos of my new herms system. The problem is that the blog is in Portuguese, but the image language is universal.
www.cervejaartesanalonline.blogspot.com

Regards
Rodrigo Baquero

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
Mag5
Recipes 

WOW! Wish I spoke Portuguese. looks cool though.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #3
keg2881
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag5 View Post
WOW! Wish I spoke Portuguese. looks cool though.
Google Chrome will translate the entire site.

When its warm it taste's real crappy, but cold beer will make me happy. When I throw up on the floor, I can go and drink some more. They say beer will make me dumb, it are go good with pizza.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
baquero
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg2881 View Post
Yeap, you can do that. And if you comment any post i'll try to answer it in english for you. You see, I'm trying to stimulate the new Brasilian homebrewers. We are years behind you guys in terms of access to equipment; but the scene is changing and the beer revolution is starting to became a reality. Last saturday i made a homebrewing class in my house for some of the newbies. If you look at the blog there are some photos of the class under "1 curso de fabricação" (first fabrication class) . It was awesome. We made 5 g of a red ale and 5 of a belgian strong ale.
That's it, changing minds one at a time. Good brewing for all of you. And, thanks for the inspiration this forum has been to me.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:29 AM   #5
bastardbrew
Recipes 

Oi Baquero! Sei que vc colocou este "post" alguns meses atrás, mas quis dizer alguma coisa, apesar disso. Sou americano, mas aprendi português na Universidade Estadual de Michigan; ainda não fui ao Brasil, mas tavlez um dia...se Deus quiser, ne?

Tenho uma pergunta: como vocês refiram ao equipamento de fazer cerveja? Usam muitas palavras de inglês? Ou tem palavras especificas em português para coisas assim. Por exemplo: Carboy, airlock, Mash/Lauter Tun, Hot Liquor Tank, etc. Como se diz?

Tenho curiosidade também sobre isso: o que precisa o Brasil para ser igual a america em fazer cerveja na casa? Acesso mais fácil ao equipamento? Tem uma falta de literatura descrevendo como fazer cerveja? Finalmente, eu posso ajudar?

Abraços,
~Estevão.

P.S. Eu já voltei no quarto de hotel depois de tomar algumas cervejas num "brewpub" local (como se diz "brewpub" em português?!); foi cerveja horrível, cara. Espero que não acordo com ressaca!

Old 10-19-2011, 02:37 AM   #6
keg2881
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastardbrew
Oi Baquero! Sei que vc colocou este "post" alguns meses atrás, mas quis dizer alguma coisa, apesar disso. Sou americano, mas aprendi português na Universidade Estadual de Michigan; ainda não fui ao Brasil, mas tavlez um dia...se Deus quiser, ne?

Tenho uma pergunta: como vocês refiram ao equipamento de fazer cerveja? Usam muitas palavras de inglês? Ou tem palavras especificas em português para coisas assim. Por exemplo: Carboy, airlock, Mash/Lauter Tun, Hot Liquor Tank, etc. Como se diz?

Tenho curiosidade também sobre isso: o que precisa o Brasil para ser igual a america em fazer cerveja na casa? Acesso mais fácil ao equipamento? Tem uma falta de literatura descrevendo como fazer cerveja? Finalmente, eu posso ajudar?

Abraços,
~Estevão.

P.S. Eu já voltei no quarto de hotel depois de tomar algumas cervejas num "brewpub" local (como se diz "brewpub" em português?!); foi cerveja horrível, cara. Espero que não acordo com ressaca!
Ummm how about in English!!!!

When its warm it taste's real crappy, but cold beer will make me happy. When I throw up on the floor, I can go and drink some more. They say beer will make me dumb, it are go good with pizza.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Nice....I was a little concerned about your grain crush but the beer looked great. A picture is worth a thousand words. I had no trouble following your thread and I couldn't read a word of it. Great job and liked the music.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:33 AM   #8
bastardbrew
Recipes 

You said it yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg2881 View Post

Edit: Chrome got it mostly right. Here is my translation of what I said.

Hey Baquero! I know you made this "post" a few months ago, but I wanted to say something, despite this. I am an American, but I learned Portuguese at Michigan State University; I have not been to Brazil, but perhaps one day ... God willing, right?

I have one question: how do you refer to the equipment to make beer? Do you use words from English? Or do you have specific words in Portuguese for things like that. For example, carboy, airlock, Mash / Lauter Tun Hot Liquor Tank, etc.. How do you say these words?

I'm also curious about this: what does Brazil require to be equal to america in making beer at home? Easier access to equipment? Is there a lack of literature describing how to make beer? Finally, can I help?

Regards,
~ Stephen.

PS I've just gotten back to my hotel room after drinking a few beers in a local "brewpub" (how do you say "brewpub" in Portuguese?), The beer was awful, man. I hope I do not wake with a hangover!

Old 10-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
keg2881
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

So I did I guess I had too many beers. My apology.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2350 Times on 1668 Posts
Likes Given: 1318

The only Portugese I know is; Uma Cervesa Por Favor!

Worked with a guy from Brasil a few years back at my previous job. Lucky for him, he escaped in a balloon during the Clinton Administration.

Nice site! I did a Google translate and it worked very well. It was easy to understand, even if some word or grammar came across "differently". nice job!

Quick Reply