Phil's Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pompeiisneaks

Why that human mask?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my recently brewed Tripel... very tasty stuff... What do you all think of the color? The belgian yeast really has a strong showing here, spicy, fruity, everything I ever wanted :)

2449-phils-tripel.jpg

I've yet to post a pic of my concoctions so I thought I'd finally do so. This was an AG batch, If I recall, OG 1.093, FG, 1.014. Very yummy stuff.

Wyeast 3787-Trappist High Gravity... on the first 5 gals. I did white labs, not srue now which one, they only had 1 of the wyeast at my LHBS, the white labs doesn't taste as good, imho, but its still good ;)

I just reread this post and thought I'd update, the white labs may not have been as much a culprit..> I remembered I also did a full stirplate starter for the wyeast, and the white labs one I did a starter but only hand stirred it every hour or so while around the thing, so I technically can't compare apples to apples. I may have underpitched it a bit being a 9.8% abv finished beer. The rough edges really wore off over time. The 10 gals are already gone, so apparently it wasn't too bad :)

Latest posts

Back