New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8273.JPG

Citra bomb!

IMG_8184.JPG

This my best NEIPA yet. I don’t get cat pee but typically has a onion flavor the first few days them mellows out. I did 6oz in the whirlpool and 6oz dry hops. Water seems spot on as I loaded up on the Cholride at around 150ppm, sulfate was 90ppm.

Last edited:
How does this cask deal work? I know it’s widely used overseas a good bit.

I just use a 5 gallon cubitainer carb to 1.2 volumes. Connect the spigot on the cubitainer to a check valve to stop back flow and run a tube through to the engine. Cubitainer collapses as you draw beer out so low risk of oxidation and no need for external CO2

Munich Dunkel. Brewed 10/26, bottled conditioning since 11/7.
First time brewing this style. Needs a bit more carbonation.
I just kicked a keg of Jamil's Munich Dunkel recipe. Turned out really well. It's one of my favorite styles.
Looks good!

That looks awesome, would u mind sharing the recipe, please?
How would you compare to a commercial brew? Like Bass or Tetley's?

Sure thing:

5.5 gal.
1061 OG
1019 FG
5.54 ABV
40 IBU
17 SRM

9.5 lb. Thomas Fawcett Maris Otter Malt (2.3L - 3L)
1 lb. Bairds Medium Crystal Malt (50L - 60L)
.5 lb. Thomas Fawcett Pale Chocolate Malt (185L - 250L)

1 oz. Challenger
1 oz. East Kent Goldings
1 oz. Fuggles

Fermented @ 63F with Wyeast 1968 London ESB

A few notes: I kept the grain bill pretty simple since it was my first attempt and was more concerned with getting the fermentation right since I've had difficulties with British yeast in the past. I would make some changes to the grain bill for the next attempt. The result was malty on the front with a dry and bitter finish - so not totally inappropriate I guess but I would've liked a bit more balance throughout instead of one then the other.

This actually isn't a nitro pour but behaves a lot like one. The only thing I can think of would be the grain bill. Either way I'm not complaining.
Even more awesome. I went back a ways to look but may have missed it, would you mind sharing your recipe?

Thanks @Michael Basham !

Recipe looks awesome! Are the hops Challenger @60 and rest at 0 mins? What's your water like?

I did 1 oz. Challenger @ 60, .5 oz. EKG @ 30, .5 oz. EKG & 1 oz. Fuggle @ 5.

The water in my area is fairly consistent and also pretty neutral so I added salts to achieve:

100 ppm Ca
50 ppm Cl
175 ppm SO4
And I believe I had ~5.4 mash pH.

I'm relatively new to water adjustments so this could definitely be changed. What I will say is that with the 100 ppm Ca along with pretty low carb (~2.2 volumes I think) made the body and head thick and creamy. I might play with the Cl & SO4 next time.

Checking carb on my dark lager. Not there yet but once it’s carbed up and lagers for awhile I believe it will be excellent.

Adjustments.JPG

Latest posts

Back