New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > My Stuff - Rig through Pub

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #51
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 342 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 42

The Cape is open daily from about 6:00 until last call. Tonight is Nickle-Wing Night for the Celtics and Bruins games.

I think I have finally worked out all of the kinks on the rig at this point as well. Up until his point I've had three batches that I was pretty happy with, two batches that weren't good at all (not infected but just really weak beers... gravity issues, etc). I have a saison that is in the fermenter now that seems solid and then Drinkwellwithothers and I did 18 gallons of Dunkelweizen on it yesterday that I think it going to be pretty good. All of the temps and gravity seemed like they got hit head on. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 05:11 PM   #52
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 87 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbench View Post
arturo7, do you play poker. I've seen that avatar before.
Only an occasional night of beer and "dealer's choice" with by buds. If I had my avatar's stone-ass face I might actually be able to win once in a while.

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #53
Random_Guy
Recipes 

Love the setup man. I hope that when I finally own a home I will be able to build a bar in the basement. Looking good man!

Aging - Nothing
Bottled - Nothing
Keg 1 - Delirium Tremens Clone
Keg 2 - Air
Future - Oatmeal Stout?

Old 05-29-2009, 03:22 AM   #54
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Originally Posted by Gammon N Beer View Post
EDIT: Cape Brewing asked me to copy my original post in another thread to this one so not to hijack the other. Good idea CB. I will ask some questions of you about your rig here then. And, I will attempt to delete my OP in the other thread.

"Nice set up you have.

My NG service enters the house next to the patio. You have a flex pipe that you use in doors from the NG to the rig.

1) Can I use that same flex pipe outdoors?
2) I would need it to be around 20ft as I would also like to use my rig in the garage during winter months. Is that doable? And, would I need a plumber or can I do it myself?

3) How do I figure out what size pipe and fixtures to use? Does it relate to the burners and BTU's?

TY"

Old 05-29-2009, 04:35 AM   #55
Cape Brewing
DOH!!! Stupid brewing...

Recipes 

Liked 342 Times on 282 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I got the flex pipe from McMaster Carr and it is not rated for outdoor use. I poked around quickly and didn't see anything for that length for outdoor use. You can always contact McMaster though and see if they have a recommendation. I might have missed it.

McMaster-Carr

The flex pipe I got comes in lengths of 20 feet but again... it's not for outdoor use.

Unless you REALLY know what you're doing, I would very strongly recommend having a professional do it. It's one thing to have a leaking water pipe, it's an entirely different thing to have a natural gas line leaking. If you are going to have a plumber come in and run the pipe, just have him run a line to the garage as well and then you wouldn't need the 20 feet of flex line. If a plumber is already coming out, another few feet of pipe to run it to the garage is going to be nothing. Then you would just need a short line of flex pipe (I have 8 feet I think) that would travel with your rig and you can just plug it in wherever the plumber puts a connection.

I'm certainly not a natural gas expert so take my advice on this with a grain of salt but my father (who teaches gas heating at a technical college) pointed me in the right direction for pipe size and fittings... I am using 1/2 copper soft drawn to feed the two 32-jet burners. Because gas pressure in a typical home is only about 3-4 lbs, I wanted to make sure the overall volume of gas getting to the burners wasn't going to be restricted... so I got the 3/4 flex pipe which then T's off to the two 1/2 copper feed-lines to the burners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse View Post
I'm pretty much a douche in real life, too.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #56
kinison_fan
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Awesome!....Totally, Awesome!!

-Those that know don’t close the door on those that don’t know (The Gourds, "Education Song")...
-The brewer's yeast ferments, and forgives, all that you did...(The Gourds, "Right in the Head")...

Old 05-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #57
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender

Recipes 

Liked 364 Times on 292 Posts
Likes Given: 222

You're hired.

murr
Kegged
Modified Warbler Pale Ale (with wet-hop addition&different yeast)

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 05-30-2009, 01:09 AM   #58
Gammon N Beer
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Brewing View Post
I got the flex pipe from McMaster Carr and it is not rated for outdoor use. I poked around quickly and didn't see anything for that length for outdoor use. You can always contact McMaster though and see if they have a recommendation. I might have missed it.

McMaster-Carr

The flex pipe I got comes in lengths of 20 feet but again... it's not for outdoor use.

Unless you REALLY know what you're doing, I would very strongly recommend having a professional do it. It's one thing to have a leaking water pipe, it's an entirely different thing to have a natural gas line leaking. If you are going to have a plumber come in and run the pipe, just have him run a line to the garage as well and then you wouldn't need the 20 feet of flex line. If a plumber is already coming out, another few feet of pipe to run it to the garage is going to be nothing. Then you would just need a short line of flex pipe (I have 8 feet I think) that would travel with your rig and you can just plug it in wherever the plumber puts a connection.

I'm certainly not a natural gas expert so take my advice on this with a grain of salt but my father (who teaches gas heating at a technical college) pointed me in the right direction for pipe size and fittings... I am using 1/2 copper soft drawn to feed the two 32-jet burners. Because gas pressure in a typical home is only about 3-4 lbs, I wanted to make sure the overall volume of gas getting to the burners wasn't going to be restricted... so I got the 3/4 flex pipe which then T's off to the two 1/2 copper feed-lines to the burners.
At times, reality does strike a cord. And this is one of them.

I will hire a plumber to deal with this part of the project. I will also KISS and begin with setting up on the patio where I can easily tap into an existing valve on the NG service. Later, after the sbrew stand is completed I will add some proper piping into the garage.

This way I can get started, although I believe this project may take a bit of time.

I appreciate your comments. I will be heading back over to Bobbies thread, where I originally began posting and you and I met.

I am hoping to tap into you and Bobbies expertise.

TY

Old 09-18-2009, 03:33 PM   #59
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just looking at this again. This project kicks arse.

Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!

Old 09-18-2009, 06:50 PM   #60
Dave258
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Wow, thanks for bumping that up for us new people to be jealous!
Nice place!
Dave

Quick Reply