My Chritmas Vacation Haul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerrific

Reaction score
So SWMBO and I made a trip up the east coast to visit her family for Christmas. We decided to drive (through every state on the east coast except Florida in fact) so that we could bring the dogs. So this meant I would have the back of the SUV we were driving to bring back some beer. I stopped at a small store in Freeport, ME that let me make mixed 6-packs.

beer-1.jpg

SWMBO's family is from New Hampshire so I picked up a couple mixed 12 packs of the local stuff.

beer-2.JPG

We also were able to make it over the Portsmouth Brewing Company. Had some good beers and dinner there. They sell 22 oz bottles of some of their stuff, we grabbed a couple of those to bring home. Here they are plus some other stuff (homemade chokecherry wine, etc.)

beer-3.jpg

Well, that is all that I bought for myself. I also got quite a few things as gifts. Here is a 27oz pound of Bravo hops from hops direct.

hops.JPG

Also got a few books, some good nips, and my first issue of Zymurgy (birthday gift from SWMBO) was waiting when I got home. I also got a $30 gift certificate to Northern Brewer (not shown).

gifts.JPG

And then to top things off, when I got home my Secret Santa was waiting for me. Thanks willkere!

ss.JPG

Those first 2 pics look like the shelf at my local package store. Except for the Woodstock, I've had them all. The Dodfish 120 and the Shipyard Export would be my top 2 from those. Hope you enjoy them:mug:

Bah! I have been looking for the Dogfish 120 around here forever!

Great hall, though.

You did not own a copy of Designing Great Beers?! That's preposterous! Just kidding, you got some great gifts. What's that small bottle of Bailey's?

Iordz said:
You did not own a copy of Designing Great Beers?! That's preposterous! Just kidding, you got some great gifts. What's that small bottle of Bailey's?

I know, crazy. I had read most of it down at the Borders, not sure why I never bought it though.

It is Baily's with Mint Chocolate. They make it with caramel too, I have had that, very good when you want something very sweet.

Enjoy those Smutty's, god I love them. Their IPA is great. Also stayed at the WOodstock in, good beers.

The portsmouth brewery has those goblets for sale?!?! I have to have one of those!

Sean

I love the Pigs Ear Brown from woodstock definitly one of my favorite beers. Very dark and malty. It has been a while since i have had one, i gotta go buy a six pack and try to recreate it. I like the woodstock beers, different flavors i feel.

I've only had a few beers out of your selection, I enjoyed Old Thumper and the Shipyard IPA. I can't seem to find DFH 120 around here anywhere - I've been looking for over a year.

I had some Shipyard IPA the other day. Didn't really enjoy it though, the fuggles just didn't taste right to me, though I'm not very experienced with English style IPAs.
Plus they use screwtop bottles so you can't reuse them.

:mug:
c.n.budz said:
Those first 2 pics look like the shelf at my local package store. Except for the Woodstock, I've had them all. The Dodfish 120 and the Shipyard Export would be my top 2 from those. Hope you enjoy them:mug:
I live about an hour from Woodstock NH. It is in the white mt's of New Hampshire where I do a lot of hiking. We stop at the brewery/bar on the home and get the sampler board It is actuly 8, 8oz beers from light to dark and great after hiking. We get 3 or 4 each and sleep all the way home(exept the driver).
I recemend the Pigs Ear!

Pigs Ear is just incredible. I recommend stopping at http://www.yankeesmokehouse.com/ in Ossipee NH and selecting any BBQ paired with pigs ear brown ale. Please let me know if there's a clone recipe for this.

DFH 120 is only available 2 or 3 times a year, and most places obtain only a couple cases and limit purchases. I think September was the most recent distribution.

I had Smutty's Porter on draft Friday night down in DC ... very very nice!! I think a porter is my next batch (started NB's honey Kolsch yesterday)

I really like Smuttynose and thier brewery. Had a cask drawn stout that had I can't remember if it was baily's soaked oak chips in them or the cask was soaked with bailey's at the portsmaouth brewery, down stairs. It was a thing of beauty. Texas is just to far away.

Back