Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Made a lightbox - first time using it

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
lactardjosh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Yeah. The sheets are probably more just blocking the light rather than diffusing it. In the reflections on the glass, you can see how the light still forms a bright spot. When it's diffused properly, that spot wouldn't be there.

Do you have a diffuser for your flashes? That might also help. You could also try dialing back the intensity of the flashes.

Or you could try using a desk lamp with a tiltable neck and shade as an always on light source. You might get more even light from that instead of the flash.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #22
riored4v
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactardjosh View Post
Yeah. The sheets are probably more just blocking the light rather than diffusing it. In the reflections on the glass, you can see how the light still forms a bright spot. When it's diffused properly, that spot wouldn't be there.

Do you have a diffuser for your flashes? That might also help. You could also try dialing back the intensity of the flashes.

Or you could try using a desk lamp with a tiltable neck and shade as an always on light source. You might get more even light from that instead of the flash.
For the lights, I've been using desk lamps on each sides of the box. I dont have any flashes

This was the last one I just did. Pretty happy with hose this one turned out since you could actually pick up on some of the clarity.

Kolsch2 by riored4v, on Flickr

Old 11-20-2012, 01:50 PM   #23
USMCMatt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Bottomline... you need WAY more light

Quick Reply