Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > lets see your full Fermenters

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #101
spkguitar
New Brew Dude
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've got my very first 5 gal batch, Northern Brewer saison de noel in my glass secondary and Carribou Slobber in my primary bucket.

I've also got a small batch of hard lemonade in my old Mr. Beer with a modified recipe found here. Something special for SWMBO hopefully.

2012-11-26-08.46.42.jpg   2012-11-26-08.47.38.jpg  

Up Next: Pumpkin Ale, Apfelwein
Primary: Hobgoblin Clone
Kegged: Stone Clone, Dry Stout

My ugly eBrutus 20

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #102
pellis007
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Wily View Post
I bottled a Cream Ale yesterday and I'm bottling an Irish Red tonight! lol
Looks like we're on the same page! These are my first 5 gal batches. My 1st was a Mr. Beer and after that I got hooked!
Primary#1: Currently Empty
Primary#2: Currently Empty
Primary #3: Currently Empty
Bottle Conditioning: Rapture Red Ale, Blonde Ale
Kegged: Pete's Cream Ale
Drinking:Biermuncher's ESB, Kolsh, Pete's Winter Vanilla Porter, Honey Cream Ale, Robust Porter, Old Fezziwig Christmas Ale, Pete's Golden APA, Burt's IPA, Bells Two-Hearted IPA Clone, Chocolate Milk Stout
On Deck: Not sure yet.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:33 PM   #103
johnturner9
Recipes 

On the left is a maple syrup dark ale, will be adding extra grade B syrup in the next few days and cold crashing once fermentation begins to retain more aroma from the syrup. On the right is a two day old cream stout that I'm attempting a bourbon barrel stout clone from BBC.

image-3575259028.jpg

Old 11-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #104
adamjackson
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 162

What's fermenting????

http://adam-jackson.net/beer/homebrewing-lovely-lively-full-fermenters/

I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

Old 11-28-2012, 01:09 AM   #105
adamjackson
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Brewed another batch tonight. Did a Honey Hefeweizen that will get 2.5 pounds of blueberries in a few weeks.

I'm a bit crazy...about beer.
My Beer Blog
My Beer Photos
Untappd Profile

Old 11-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #106
jperry
Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Heres my past few months of brewing

img_0173.jpg   img_0185.jpg   img_0218.jpg  

Old 11-29-2012, 02:10 AM   #107
soccerRef
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnturner9 View Post
On the left is a maple syrup dark ale, will be adding extra grade B syrup in the next few days and cold crashing once fermentation begins to retain more aroma from the syrup. On the right is a two day old cream stout that I'm attempting a bourbon barrel stout clone from BBC.

Attachment 85648
anychance I could get that recipe you used for the maplel syrup dark ale? I have been looking for good maple recipes, my parents actually make maple syrup, so I have a great connection to get it cheap [free]

Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #108
johnturner9
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerRef

anychance I could get that recipe you used for the maplel syrup dark ale? I have been looking for good maple recipes, my parents actually make maple syrup, so I have a great connection to get it cheap [free]
It's a Midwest supplies recipe. It's an extract kit with specialty grains. It comes with a small bottle of grade A syrup that you add to the boil. When I racked to secondary an tasted a sample the fermentation had taken most of the maple taste and aroma out. So last night I took another small bottle of grade B and added it to the keg before I racked it. Then cold crashed it so I wouldn't fire up another fermentation and save some of the aroma. First sample this morning was great, I'll keep you posted once its sat for a week or so and then carbonated.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #109
soccerRef
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnturner9 View Post
It's a Midwest supplies recipe. It's an extract kit with specialty grains. It comes with a small bottle of grade A syrup that you add to the boil. When I racked to secondary an tasted a sample the fermentation had taken most of the maple taste and aroma out. So last night I took another small bottle of grade B and added it to the keg before I racked it. Then cold crashed it so I wouldn't fire up another fermentation and save some of the aroma. First sample this morning was great, I'll keep you posted once its sat for a week or so and then carbonated.
Im surprised they included Grade A with that kit... not that anything is wrong with any grade of pure maple syrup.. but Grade A is a lighter flavor profile than the grade B....

Keep me posted for sure.

as I get better at brewing ( still only have like 10 brews under my belt in yr 1 of home brewing) I plan on leaning towards a lot of the maple beers since I have the source for the maple. Plus I just love the maple flavor.

Old 11-29-2012, 04:12 PM   #110
johnturner9
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerRef

Im surprised they included Grade A with that kit... not that anything is wrong with any grade of pure maple syrup.. but Grade A is a lighter flavor profile than the grade B....

Keep me posted for sure.

as I get better at brewing ( still only have like 10 brews under my belt in yr 1 of home brewing) I plan on leaning towards a lot of the maple beers since I have the source for the maple. Plus I just love the maple flavor.
This is my second batch ever so I'm stepping out on a limb a little bit here, but another sample this morning after all the syrup had a chance to dissolve into the beer and it was really good.

Quick Reply