Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Labatt "Pioneer" Brewery.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #31
Tripod
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Very nice. Thank you for sharing the photos and taking the time to write up all of the info. Now I want to go find the place myself!

-Tripod

Primary: First AG Batch! - Irish Red | Bottle: Oatmeal Stout| Drinking: Nearcastle II... | Up Next: It may be time to try a lager

5/2012

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #32
CaliBrewin
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

cool beans. love the history lesson.

thanks Revvy

Old 11-23-2009, 06:50 PM   #33
Batinse
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ha, Revvy. That's my hometown! I used to catch London Tigers games at Labatt Park as a boy, one of the finest ballparks in Canada, just across the Thames from the brewery. Although you wouldn't catch me with a Labatt's product anymore, unless I'm with my buds and they've ordered a few pitchers of Keith's (IPA? I don't think so...)

Bottled: Alec's Ale, Alec's Ale X, Nut Very Good Brown Ale, Pliny the Elder Clone, Admiral Longshank's Oatmeal Stout

Old 12-20-2009, 06:45 AM   #34
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

you stud!!!!!!!! nice tour. boy have we come a ways.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #35
fredthecat
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 81

haha thats cool, ive actually never seen or dont remember that part of the pioneer village and im from london. but personally every worthwhile beer drinker i know hates the labatt factory, its impossible to get a job there in a town with high unemployment, the only moderately tasteful things they make there are guinness extra for north america and labatt 50, both of which are bloody 13 dollars for a SIX PACK at their factory store. not a fan as they control the bars and flood it with their crap for inflated prices

Old 02-12-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
GRHunter
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Wow, that is one of the coolest posts ever! Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #37
messler
Recipes 

If you're ever around southern ontario again, Black Creek Pioneer Village in Toronto has just opened up a working brewery that uses methods and technology from the 1860s.
I haven't tried the beer yet, but their methods are pretty neat.

Watch here:

Old 11-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #38
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Oh cool. Thanks for posting that. Have to make a trip there.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-05-2010, 11:48 PM   #39
KFBass
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was actually going to mention black creek until i was beaten to it. very cool posting tho Rev. I live pretty close to London and never knew that was there. If you are ever up in the area again, hit me up. There are a bunch of great Brewpubs, and beer bars in the Toronto area. As well if you want to tour some breweries I work in one, and can probably get you cleaning the mash tun for me hahaha.

Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 AM   #40
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFBass View Post
I was actually going to mention black creek until i was beaten to it. very cool posting tho Rev. I live pretty close to London and never knew that was there. If you are ever up in the area again, hit me up. There are a bunch of great Brewpubs, and beer bars in the Toronto area. As well if you want to tour some breweries I work in one, and can probably get you cleaning the mash tun for me hahaha.
It would be cool to tour some breweries with you. As a matter of fact I just got our schedule for 2011, and we're going to be back there for a game.

Quote:

Welkin's 2011 Vintage Base Ball season:

May 5 - Northville Eclipse HOME
May 21 - Midland River Hogs HOME
May 29 - Coldwater, MI Sesquicentennial event (play the Walker Tavern Wheels)
June 5 - Early Riser BBC at Historic Fort Wayne
June 11 - London, Ontario Tecumseh's HOME
June 25 - Mackinac Island, 1st Annual Gypsy Classic
July 10 - Rochester Grangers at Rochester's VanHoosen Farm
July 16 - Early Riser BBC HOME (Antique Boat Show)
July 24 - Wahoo BBC of Royal Oak HOME (Boat Week)
July 31 - Rochester Grangers HOME
August 7 - Royal Oak Wahoos at Royal Oak
August 13-14 - Greenfield Village Historic Base Ball Tournament
August 20 - Walker Tavern Wheels HOME
August 28 - London Tecumsehs in London, Ontario's Fanshawe Park
September 11 - Midland River Hogs in Midland
September 16 - Northville Eclipse at Northville's Victorian Festival (Friday night game after parade)

That's actually the day after my Birthday, so maybe my GF and I can make a weekend out of it and hit some with you.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply