Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Labatt "Pioneer" Brewery.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2009, 05:25 AM   #11
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 142 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Rev's, that is cool as snot!

What years was the brewery in operation?

Regarding the stockade, are you sure you weren't in there due to some of your calls?

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Rev's, that is cool as snot!

What years was the brewery in operation?

Regarding the stockade, are you sure you weren't in there due to some of your calls?
I'm not sure whether or not this was ever actually in operation or was just a replica of the original brewery. Unfortunately there was noone around to ask on Sunday. In retrospect I should have popped open the furnace to check for ash and maybe even sniffed the fermenter.

But if it was never in use someone put a lot of effort into all the little details.

Nah, I made enough bad calls on both sides to balance things out.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-20-2009, 06:19 PM   #13
nvr2low
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

great series of photos, always cool to see how they did stuff back in the day when you understand what they where doing and how it compares to current times.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvr2low View Post
great series of photos, always cool to see how they did stuff back in the day when you understand what they where doing and how it compares to current times.
Thanks, I just feel like that was the coolest thing in the world to get "play" in.

I've been thinking today about if I could convince them to let me brew in there...NOT using the equipment (though that would be awesome) but to get to dress up in period clothes and do a brewing demo with my own gear as part of a way of showing and explaining how it was done and how we do it today. I could take them through the whole brewery and explain stuff in between steps in the process.

Though I'm sure it would be too much of a hassle to just bring brewing gear int Canada, it would be neat to do something like that.....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 07-20-2009, 06:34 PM   #15
chumprock
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Great photos, I didnt even know that was up there!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #16
Chupacabras
Recipes 

I think it says Sulphuric Acid on that sulfuring bit.

Here's a plug for my boss. Check Brewery Lane out if you live in Atlantic Canada.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #17
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabras View Post
I think it says Sulphuric Acid on that sulfuring bit.
Thanks Chup!!!

Old 07-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #18
STB
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Tons of Brewing history in London ONT. Carling was the other major player in London but fell out of favor to the other monopoly in Canada the Molson family who started in Montreal.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 AM   #19
Whut
It's hot here
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1626 Times on 1527 Posts
Likes Given: 8557

Thanks for sharing Rev. Having toured a modern brewery recently and now seeing these pics it makes one truly appreciate the work one puts in to brewing a Barley Pop.

Get off my lawn! - shecky
Shut up, old man!- Sharona

Last edited by Whut; 07-21-2009 at 01:28 AM.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #20
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB View Post
Tons of Brewing history in London ONT. Carling was the other major player in London but fell out of favor to the other monopoly in Canada the Molson family who started in Montreal.
That's cool to know...I wanna go back.

While look something up for Hoss in the tap room thread I came upon this interesting google book.

Brewed in Canada: The Untold Story ... - Google Books

Quick Reply