Jasmine Blonde - Wedding Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riored4v

Reaction score
A couple months ago we did a small 3 gallon test batch of a Jasmine Blonde to see if he would like it, which him and everyone else LOVED. So a month ago we did a 10 gallon batch of it for his wedding and bottle it up this last weekend.

First time using a beer with flowers and first time doing a 10 gallon batch. Everything seemed to turn out great and its currently carbonating:ban: My buddies wedding is in 2 weeks.. just in time.

I put together the recipe for him and "supervised" while he did some of the brewing process. Great time. We used Colorado 2-row, crystal 10L, citra hops, S-05 and dried jasmine flowers.

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Bottling day. My dad and I took care of this part since he had to work.

Took the manifold out of my mash tun and modified it into a 10gal bottling bucket for the day:rockin:
IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

Yup.. its very very full..lol
IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

I dont miss doing this.. makes me love kegging even more
IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Man down! First time for me
IMAG0105.jpg

That looks great. And a Jasmine beer sounds amazing. I brewed all the beer at my wedding and it was a huge hit. It's a lost tradition that I hope we can revive. By the way, can you post the recipe? I might interested in brewing this.

That looks great. And a Jasmine beer sounds amazing. I brewed all the beer at my wedding and it was a huge hit. It's a lost tradition that I hope we can revive. By the way, can you post the recipe? I might interested in brewing this.

Yea, i think homebrewed beer for a/their wedding is a nice personal touch to the event. I'll be doing the same for my own.

And no problem.. i'll post up the recipe when I get home and pull it off the computer.

Why not just take kegs to the wedding!? :drunk:

It's in Illinois and he's also moving out there at the same time. On top of both of those things, he wanted to have a bottle waiting for the guests on the tables. We'll be putting the labels on the bottles in the next couple days.

Makes me sad that i started the hobby after i got married :( I would have really liked to brew my own for the wedding. Almost makes me want to get married again...but i'm not that nuts! :D

What a great idea for a wedding! Can't wait for the recipe to try it! Cheers!

I wanted to brew for my wedding so bad, but the venue said no outside alcohol. :(

I'm in the same boat. I don't know what irks me more: the price they charge for a Bud Light (did I mention no discount for a host bar?) or the fact that they won't even stock something I requested that I know their distributer carries.Looks like this groom will be hitting the bourbon.

We got lucky and found a caterer that provided all mixers and the bartenders, we provided alcohol. one quick trip to the exchange on base and we had more booze than we knew what to do with. I am still drinking leftover whisky 3 years later.

Can't wait to see this recipe, sounds like a great summer beer!

Sorry its taken so long to get it up. Been swamped with stuff lately when I get home. I'll get it up here for you guys though.

We got lucky and found a caterer that provided all mixers and the bartenders, we provided alcohol. one quick trip to the exchange on base and we had more booze than we knew what to do with. I am still drinking leftover whisky 3 years later.

Can't wait to see this recipe, sounds like a great summer beer!

Same situation. I was expecting people to get really trashed at our wedding (I mean come on, who wouldn't if it's all you can drink booze for free right?). So I ended up brewing 15 gallons of beer and buying like 4 cases of wine to make sure we wouldn't run out. To my surprise, people were totally reasonable. I was left with more than half of the wine and the beer which I'm still drinking. Not a bad thing I guess.

Sorry its taken so long to get it up. Been swamped with stuff lately when I get home. I'll get it up here for you guys though.

I told SWMBO about the idea for a jasmine beer and she immediately demanded I get the recipe. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Here's the recipe. Designed for a 10 gallon batch.. ended up with slightly more (about 10.25)

16.75 lbs Colorado 2-row
1lb 10L
.85oz Citra @ 50min
1.5oz Jasmine @ 15
1.5oz Jasmine @ 5
3oz Jamine @ 0
3 packages(1.5pk per bucket) Safale US-05

I also sprinkled a small handful of Jasmine in between each timed addition... kinda like a continous hop type deal.

1.042 OG
1.006 FG

Just curious if anyone has brewed this lately and has any tasting notes you can share? I was looking for a good wedding brew and this recipe caught my eye. My only hesitation is all the jasmine... is it overpowering?

Just curious if anyone has brewed this lately and has any tasting notes you can share? I was looking for a good wedding brew and this recipe caught my eye. My only hesitation is all the jasmine... is it overpowering?

Not at all. Its noticeable and it complimented nicely.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. The wedding isn't till June, so I have some time...

Question from a psuedo-new brewer: Is this an All Grain recipe? It looks like it...and I can only do extract so far. If it's All Grain, can anyone maybe help me with a tool to convert to an extract (with grains) recipe maybe?

16.75 lbs Colorado 2-row
1lb 10L

Thanks!

Question from a psuedo-new brewer: Is this an All Grain recipe? It looks like it...and I can only do extract so far. If it's All Grain, can anyone maybe help me with a tool to convert to an extract (with grains) recipe maybe?

16.75 lbs Colorado 2-row
1lb 10L

Thanks!

I assume you're making a 5 gallon batch? It would be:

5.025 lbs of DME (Light or Extra Light)
.5 lbs of 10L

Steep the crystal 10, and cut the hop additions in half.

If you are wanting to do a 10 gallon batch just double the numbers I gave you and use the original amounts given for the hop additions.

1 lb of 2 row = .6 lb of DME.

Just wanted to post that I brewed up 4 cases of this to give as wedding favors at my upcoming wedding (July 20) and it turned out awesome!

The only change I made to OPs recipe was to add 1/4 lb of honey malt to each batch (I brew 5 gal batches) to give it a little residual sweetness.

I cracked one open to sample after about 3 weeks in the bottle and couldn't be happier. It has a pronounced jasmine scent but the flavor is very subtle and lends itself perfectly to the lightness of the blonde beer. I think that adding the honey malt was a good idea because the sweetness is definitely there an results in a very tasty, easy drinking beer that will appeal to men and women alike.

Thanks for the awesome recipe, I can't wait until my guest try it!! :mug:

Back