New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Incognito bar build. The B'armoire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:36 PM   #51
mordantly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

very nice sneek-a-beer

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #52
WheeledGoat
DisMember

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

when i saw this, i was sure you were gonna have problems with the tower height and foamy pours... good to know that ya don't! 1 sacraficial glass to cool the lines is totally acceptable in my book! i usually pour off 1/2 a glass from my keezer anyway just to kind clear the lines a bit.

i like the drip tray, too... excellent thinking! i might have to hand my Out-of-the-box driptray crown over to you. (I used a boot tray sitting on the floor - see "Ravens Keezer" link in my sig).

MOST excellent job overall! You should be proud. Keep us posted on any condensation issues. I love the drip-channel into a jar, but I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. I use Eva-Dry units and they really work well!

Kegged & On Tap: Bavarian Hefeweizen, 3-year aged Cider

Projects: The Ravens Keezer - Custom Gas System - 10gal MLT

Old 11-07-2009, 11:34 AM   #53
DubbelDach
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheeledGoat View Post
I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. I use Eva-Dry units and they really work well!
Hmmm... I constantly have water collecting on the bottom of my kegerator... Think this might help? My present strategy is to mop it up with paper towels every 2 weeks or so.

If it wasn't so cold in there, it would be a nice breeding ground for mosquitos.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:18 PM   #54
Jaysus
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 79

It's a beaut Clark!

Old 11-10-2009, 03:33 AM   #55
Apollofrost
Recipes 

Nice work, an inspiration to us all. If such can be said by a newbie.

Old 11-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #56
Foamenter
Recipes 

Quote:
when i saw this, i was sure you were gonna have problems with the tower height and foamy pours... good to know that ya don't! 1 sacraficial glass to cool the lines is totally acceptable in my book! i usually pour off 1/2 a glass from my keezer anyway just to kind clear the lines a bit.
I really haven't had any foamy pours since the very first from each keg. Now the first pour of the day is great, about 1" of foam. I guess the metal conduit is conducting enough heat to keep the tower boxes cool.

Quote:
. . .Keep us posted on any condensation issues. . . . I wonder if consensation will form on the walls. . . .
On the condensation, I haven't opened the cooler since I closed it before the Halloween party. So. . .I don't know for sure if there is condensation on the walls. Since the coldest part will always be the coil, I kind of assumed that is where any condensation would form.

I put a water alarm in the cooler section -will go off @ 120db if there is >1/32" of water on the floor of the cooler. I did it as much for beer line failures as water condensation. So far I haven't heard it go off, which I'm sure I would hear if it did.(it will alarm for up to 3 days before the battery runs out.)

I think I'll open it up tonight to take a look at the condensation, and give the kegs a lift to see how much is left.

Thanks to everybody for all your positive comments!!

Caveat potor-

"Consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of unexplainable rug burns on the forehead. "

Old 11-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #57
Foamenter
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamenter View Post
I think I'll open it up tonight to take a look at the condensation, and give the kegs a lift to see how much is left.
Well, I opened it.

Good news and bad news.

Good: There is about 1/2" of water in the condensation jar, and the gutter system was working properly. There were areas of condensation/ice on the coil. The rest of the cooler section was bone dry. The DampRid crystals had hardened, but there was no water in the container.

Bad: The kegs are both about 80% empty !!

The seal around the door was pretty well stuck. I had to pry it off, so before I put it back, I wiped it with silicone lubricant to help it come off easier next time. The foam is creating a very good seal, I can tell by the continuity of the indentations made by the FRP. (I used camper seal tape, which is adhesive backed and 1.25" wide x 3/16" thick.)

Next up, I need to brew some more beer.

Caveat potor-

"Consumption of alcohol is the leading cause of unexplainable rug burns on the forehead. "

Old 11-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #58
WheeledGoat
DisMember

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbelDach View Post
Hmmm... I constantly have water collecting on the bottom of my kegerator... Think this might help? My present strategy is to mop it up with paper towels every 2 weeks or so.

If it wasn't so cold in there, it would be a nice breeding ground for mosquitos.
they'll definitely work! when i forget to replace one (leave it plugged in drying) i get a pool of water in the bottom of my keezer in just a few days (shamwows work good in those cases). but so long as I keep two of the smaller Eva-Dry units in there, my keezer's dry!
Kegged & On Tap: Bavarian Hefeweizen, 3-year aged Cider

Projects: The Ravens Keezer - Custom Gas System - 10gal MLT

Old 01-24-2011, 05:58 PM   #59
Jester

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Awesome build...!!!

I was reading the thread and came across the picture of my DIY 4-tap tower on post #50... I'm glad you liked my tower. I may have to use your idea, so I can move mine into the house. =)

Quick Reply