Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > I better get brewing... Latest CL score

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
TXCrash
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 2682 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Default I better get brewing... Latest CL score

A while back a guy posted "200 wine bottles" in the free section of craigslist. I was super busy at the time so saved the post but didn't respond.

A week or so later I responded - he still had them - all the same label and vintage. I plan on brewing and bottling up some meads and fruit wines this summer.

My count is 283 750 ml bottles (plus or minus a dozen). Right under 60 gallons worth .

Tossed em in the crawlspace since it'll be a while before I can actually use them (need to buy a corker). Got to thinking and I think I'll build a ghettostyle storage system for underneath the house (a crappy 1973 mobile - but it's cheap for while I'm in school and I get a decent sized yard and carport for far less than what I'd pay for an apartment).

Need to toss a fermenting carboy down there and record the temp... I bet the ground would keep a fermenting carboy at a respectable temperature.

Guess I need to buy some kegs to ferment in...

Are you just bored and wanted something, anything to type?-IrregularPulse

I will just push my son to have kids at 15. Then I will see the grandkids longer.-AMonkey
IP's wife's boobs weigh more than my wife.-Randar
My wife has the coordination of a drunk two legged spider.-Zuljin

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
jason.mundy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Our local winery puts the empty bottles from the tasting area behind their shop in a hut for anyone to pick up. If it gets too full, they take them to the recycling center.

I guess it is cheaper to give them away than to pay someone to remove the labels and wash them.

Jason

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply