Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Homebrew at work

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
sundaybrewingco
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Homebrew at work

2 of my buddies at work wanted to try a sample of my homebrew beer. Here is a lovely action shot...

I'm sure alcohol is against my company's policy, but oh well!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 01:35 PM   #2
chumprock
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

That wouldn't last 2 minutes in my corp fridge.

That's why I have one under my desk.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I hope you stand that puppy up for a couple hours before the taste test..you'll want the yeast to settle down..Unless it's a hefe of course.

I work for a medical school, I've done tastings of my homebrew for several of the docs on faculty...

I usually have to work a long weekend regional anestesia conference one a year (in two weeks, actually) with the course director for the gross anatomy program....as soon as the last presenter is done, and the last cadaver is packed away for the day the tasting commences....He's a serious hunter and knows I love venison, so the monday after last years tasting, I ended up with a "goody bag" of deer meat as thanks for getting him through the weekend on good beer...

Plus my partner in my department, also brews (though only with mr beers) so we have done a few tastings after work as well, usually if one of us has something strange we wnat them to try.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
sundaybrewingco
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Mmmm. You had to mention venison! I have a few venison steaks at home in the freezer. I'm just waiting for a nice break in the weather to clean off the grill and cook those babies up.

But yeah, I will have to tell my buddy to stand that up.. I don't know if he plans on drinking it here or until he gets home... I just looked in the fridge and seen the bottle rubberbanded to his lunch, so I had to take a picture..

Old 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Brewin_the_goods
Recipes 

That picture is classic, you know that rubber band is iron clad protection and screams back the **** up it's mine bit*ches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bluewagons View Post
homebrew is for sharing. A$$hole brothers are for punching. See if you can cleverly combine the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salanis View Post
And Jesus too. He loved wine. Total party guy. Rolls into a party, "What, all you have is water?!? Wine, bitches!"

Old 04-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
sundaybrewingco
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I agree. The rubberband is hilarious.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:07 PM   #7
Joe C
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've had one of my corny kegs in our storage closet during the winter. Everyone enjoyed that.

Apfelwin does not play well with others. In fact, Apfelwein runs with scissors and yells obscenities at it's classmates :)
Project Monsterator! Click here for a howto on building a keezer! And how to ruin one!

Support a Brewing Soldier!

Old 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
ChefMichael01
Recipes 

Hid a bag containing 20 brews in our fridge at work last week for a competition I had after work. Good thing the bottles of wine that were already there covered it up.

Primary 4 - (empty)
Bottle Conditioning - Apfelwein; AHS Shiner Bock Clone
Consuming - Keep Austin UnCommon (steam beer); Spiced Pumpkin Ale; Spiced Christmas Ale; BM's SWMBO Slayer; Irish Red Ale; St Patty's Dry Stout; Ancho Chili Porter
Up to Bat - Caramel Cream Ale; BBS Harold is Weisen; IPA; Summer Citrus Weisen; [Munich/??] SMaSH
Discarded (sad, I know) AHS Lemongrass Wheat Ale

Old 04-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #9
sundaybrewingco
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Ok. So the guy I sit across from cracked open the bottle at lunch, so far 6 people tried it, one being a director at the company. The director, after taking a taste, said he used to brew himself and offered to bring in some 26oz. bottles for me. Hilarious!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
celestialparsnip
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
the last cadaver is packed away
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I ended up with a "goody bag" of deer meat
Anyone else notice the 'convenience' of these two occurrences? Are you sure that's venison you've got there?

Quick Reply