Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > ghetto brew setups?...
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #231
bellmtbbq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pennington, NJ
Posts: 564
Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

None of these are ghetto! I'm going to have to take pictures of my setup next brewday. It pretty much consists of a 4 quart stockpot which I mash in, colander, pour the grain in a mixing bowl, sparge, colander, partial boil in the same stock pot. I am adding a 2 gallon mash tun this weekend (1 gallon brewer).

Plus I use a 5 liter vinegar jug fermenter with a balloon airlock. Anyone can top me?

__________________
bellmtbbq is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #232
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 965 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmtbbq View Post
None of these are ghetto! I'm going to have to take pictures of my setup next brewday. It pretty much consists of a 4 quart stockpot which I mash in, colander, pour the grain in a mixing bowl, sparge, colander, partial boil in the same stock pot. I am adding a 2 gallon mash tun this weekend (1 gallon brewer).

Plus I use a 5 liter vinegar jug fermenter with a balloon airlock. Anyone can top me?
You got me at ballon airlock.

I think it would be easier to list the actual brewing equipment, rather the other random objects I use for brewing.

3 piece airlocks 9
Variously sized drilled stoppers 12
Dried yeast, two types
Hydrometers 2, one normal brewing hydrometer and one distillers hydrometer I ordered by mistake.
6.5 gallon bottling bucket 1, just barely got this.
Refractometer 1, just got this too.
Pectin enzyme 2oz
Bentonite 1lb

I have lots of other things that get drafted when I brew, but nothing else that's actually made for it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #233
Obliviousbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Posts: 1,571
Liked 228 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
You got me at ballon airlock.

I think it would be easier to list the actual brewing equipment, rather the other random objects I use for brewing.

3 piece airlocks 9
Variously sized drilled stoppers 12
Dried yeast, two types
Hydrometers 2, one normal brewing hydrometer and one distillers hydrometer I ordered by mistake.
6.5 gallon bottling bucket 1, just barely got this.
Refractometer 1, just got this too.
Pectin enzyme 2oz
Bentonite 1lb

I have lots of other things that get drafted when I brew, but nothing else that's actually made for it.
You forgot to mention: one turtle, a few hamster and a croc
__________________
Obliviousbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #234
Leadgolem
Drunken Monkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Leadgolem's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 3,716
Liked 965 Times on 739 Posts
Likes Given: 1763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
You forgot to mention: one turtle, a few hamster and a croc
I have more then one turtle thank you. I actually got them for making soup, so they don't count.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remmy
I'd rather work with yeast than work with people.
Leadgolem is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #235
bellmtbbq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Pennington, NJ
Posts: 564
Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
You got me at ballon airlock.

I think it would be easier to list the actual brewing equipment, rather the other random objects I use for brewing.

3 piece airlocks 9
Variously sized drilled stoppers 12
Dried yeast, two types
Hydrometers 2, one normal brewing hydrometer and one distillers hydrometer I ordered by mistake.
6.5 gallon bottling bucket 1, just barely got this.
Refractometer 1, just got this too.
Pectin enzyme 2oz
Bentonite 1lb

I have lots of other things that get drafted when I brew, but nothing else that's actually made for it.
Oh yeah, I got no rubber stopper, a drilled out wine cork.
__________________
bellmtbbq is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #236
+HopSpunge+
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: buffalo, new york
Posts: 614
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Default

I'm a connoisseur of getto brew stuff. Look at all I have collected over the years.

Attachment 78549

forumrunner_20121006_181556.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_181656.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_181742.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_181811.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_181848.jpg  

forumrunner_20121006_181925.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_181952.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_182014.jpg   forumrunner_20121006_182136.jpg  
__________________
+HopSpunge+ is offline
Revvy Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 07:32 PM   #237
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 31,162
Liked 2304 Times on 2005 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

Default

A large electric motor on a grain mill isn't exactly ghetto. but not bad.
__________________
Everything works if ya let it-Roady(meatloaf)
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
unionrdr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #238
+HopSpunge+
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: buffalo, new york
Posts: 614
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr
A large electric motor on a grain mill isn't exactly ghetto. but not bad.
Ya. I got most everything for free and built everything myself;The electric motor came out of an old phone building in Buffalo. The fan is just a computer fan that cools it. The HLT is out of of a public school that got demolished(SS pot to make mashed potato's for 600 kids). I am proud of it.
__________________
+HopSpunge+ is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #239
unionrdr
Wannabe author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
unionrdr's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sheffield, Ohio
Posts: 31,162
Liked 2304 Times on 2005 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

Default

Yeah,I noticed the shape of the pot right away,& wondered where it came from. Good job of re-purposing. I try to always remember what roady said "everything works if ya let it". You seem to be taking that to heart by the pics!
__________________
Everything works if ya let it-Roady(meatloaf)
NEW, REVISED EDITION of book one of Time Lords 2034 series now on Amazon Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NTA0L6G
My homebrewing book "Tippy Tippy Tappy" on Kindle! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PBAP6JO
unionrdr is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #240
Obliviousbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Posts: 1,571
Liked 228 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Default

I must say you guys have some beatiful ugly junk

__________________
Obliviousbrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BM's Centennial Brew day....Ghetto AG day Hammy71 Home Brewing Photo Forum 10 04-10-2009 06:23 PM
Like pics of brewery setups? simps984 Home Brewing Photo Forum 4 04-03-2008 09:20 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS