Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > A Few Pics

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
cbg96
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default A Few Pics

Just thought I'd share...:

First up, my clean yeasties. Let me show you them.

Another look. This is from a Wyeast 1056 smack pack cake.

More in a second...

Drinking - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops Version II with less hops and more fermentables - bottled Nov. 17

Deep Reserve - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops (into the bottles on October 11); a winner & saving 5 bottles out

Deep Reserve - LHBS Recipe IPA - first effort Sept. 13, good stuff but undercarbed; saving 4 bottles

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 AM   #2
cbg96
Recipes 

Next up, the actual beer -

The results of batch number one - the tasty, sneaky strong, but undercarbed IPA from the LHBS recipe...

Now batch 2, the Mystery Hop Ale...

And now, the family picture to show the difference in color (note I've been sipping off the Mystery Hop Ale

And that's all I got.

Drinking - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops Version II with less hops and more fermentables - bottled Nov. 17

Deep Reserve - SMaSH ale from Mystery Backyard Hops (into the bottles on October 11); a winner & saving 5 bottles out

Deep Reserve - LHBS Recipe IPA - first effort Sept. 13, good stuff but undercarbed; saving 4 bottles

Old 10-29-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
FreakinA
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like it. Except for the cougs glass. Everyone knows the best team in every conference is 2-5.

Guy Fawkes Pale Ale
Bottled:
Gunslinger Pale
Elephantine Pale Ale
On Tap
60 Minute IPA

Old 10-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #4
cbg96
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinA View Post
I like it. Except for the cougs glass. Everyone knows the best team in every conference is 2-5.

Like the South, the Cougs will rise again. Might be a while though. The roster is HEAVILY depleted and some major rebuilding needs to be done.

Old 10-29-2008, 04:00 PM   #5
FreakinA
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Oh I know, just messing with you. The Devils have had better days too, when we werent starting 10 freshman. Have you tried repitching those yeasties yet? It looks like you followed the yeast washing guide, I have been meaning to try that out but haven't really used any cool yeast yet.

Guy Fawkes Pale Ale
Bottled:
Gunslinger Pale
Elephantine Pale Ale
On Tap
60 Minute IPA

Old 10-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
iamjonsharp

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg96 View Post
Mmmm...looks tasty!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
cbg96
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakinA View Post
Oh I know, just messing with you. The Devils have had better days too, when we werent starting 10 freshman. Have you tried repitching those yeasties yet? It looks like you followed the yeast washing guide, I have been meaning to try that out but haven't really used any cool yeast yet.

The yeast got pitched tonight. I warmed it up to room temp, mixed it up, and in it went. All three of 'em. I figured why not as I only have one fermenter.

I'm thinking I should know by tomorrow night (hopefully or Monday night latest if they're viable and doing their job.

Old 11-02-2008, 04:26 AM   #8
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 452 Times on 359 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg96 View Post
Like the South, the Cougs will rise again. Might be a while though. The roster is HEAVILY depleted and some major rebuilding needs to be done.
After today's games... I'm starting to think the score of the Apple Cup this year will be in negative numbers.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
cbg96
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
After today's games... I'm starting to think the score of the Apple Cup this year will be in negative numbers.

Quite possible indeed. Both teams are crappy, but I gotta admit, I think the Huskies are substantially better than WSU right now. The Cougs just don't have the players on either side of the ball.

Yet.

Side note: airlock had no activity for first twenty four hours, then started bubbling last night. This morning it's perking right along.

Quick Reply