Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Basement Bar

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 AM   #21
bobbrewedit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridire View Post
Actually, the fridge is the exact same dimensions as the dishwasher...exact. Problem is that I would need to use 3 gallon corny kegs because its not tall enough for the 5 gallon. That kind of sucks but I could still do 5 gallon batches and bottle 2 gallons. I think I can get 3 of the 3 gallon kegs in there with C02.
That sounds like a great option. If you don't like it down the road you can change it with very little initial investment loss. Throw up some pics when u get it going.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Ridire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 741 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrewedit

That sounds like a great option. If you don't like it down the road you can change it with very little initial investment loss. Throw up some pics when u get it going.
That's my thinking. I'll only really have the cost of the tower ($400-$600) into it plus the loss of the dishwasher, which is rarely used (there's another one upstairs). Of course, I'll have to spring for the 3 gallon corny kegs (which don't look cheap) and the hardware to get the C02 working on three kegs...but those are costs I'll have no matter how I set up a tap system. Main downside, in my mind, is 3 gallon rather than 5. But I go RVing a lot so it might be nice to have some brew still in the bottles.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
bobbrewedit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Well, for that matter, u could always switch to brewing 3 gallon batches too, if you decide to skip the bottling on a batch. The 3 gallon kegs are expensive. I would like to add one to my list, but for the money I always find something I want more. I've got a bar build going on as well, but I'm still about 6 months out from starting. I'll put up a pick when it gets going.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
Ridire
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 741 Times on 491 Posts
Likes Given: 331

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrewedit
Well, for that matter, u could always switch to brewing 3 gallon batches too, if you decide to skip the bottling on a batch. The 3 gallon kegs are expensive. I would like to add one to my list, but for the money I always find something I want more. I've got a bar build going on as well, but I'm still about 6 months out from starting. I'll put up a pick when it gets going.
Good deal.

Quick Reply