The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Home Brewing Photo Forum > Backyard Bar - The Copper Cantina

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #1
wingrider2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Backyard Bar - The Copper Cantina

We have an Irish Red fermenting but in the meantime, I just wanted to share some photos of my backyard bar. Called the Copper Cantina as it has a copper bar top, this
11 X 7 bar features a commercial keg refrigerator that will hold three half-barrels. With 4 Taps, we can dispense a lot of beer. I built the bar after I retired and what started out as a simple storage shed - it has evolved. For construction photos - go to WWW.NUTZNBOLTS.COM and follow the links.

image-3482878242.jpg   image-25074282.jpg   image-1987214022.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
dcarter
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 10

What a great bar! If I gave you a hundred bucks would you build one for me? I love the TV and the computer set up.

My trash heap fridge rescue and conversion to a first class fermentation chamber

If you don't like your job, you don't strike!.....You just go in everyday and do it really half a$$ed, THATS the American way! - Homer J Simpson

Old 11-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
wingrider2
Recipes 

Actually, there are two televisions - one sits above the taps behind a picture. When we have a crowd, both TV's are showing games. There is a computer that can also show on the larger screen(s) along with wireless or wired connections. there is a stainless sink under the bar top and a small reefer for soft drinks and water along with an 18 bottle dual-zone wine fridge. Music is via IPod or iPad or via the computer. the bar is monitored by CCTV. The building itself cost me about $3K to build. The siding is TREX deck boards. It's been a lot of fun!

Old 11-25-2012, 11:22 PM   #4
dalano73
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

That is one nice bar build!!!

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #5
bobeer
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Your bar looks awesome! I dig the "we're closed" window roller. Your bar looks like a concession stand at a resort pool or something. Very well done!

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."
-Groucho Marx

Kegged: Stony Man Pale
Bottled: Bourbon Oak Brolic Strong ale
Primary: Hill 56 clone
On Deck: Ava ale, Red Ryes ale, Priceless Pup Brown,

Old 12-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
wingrider2
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeer
Your bar looks awesome! I dig the "we're closed" window roller. Your bar looks like a concession stand at a resort pool or something. Very well done!
Thank you! It was initially going to be a storage shed so I put in a large walk-in roll-up door in for egress and then I got to thinking... Hummmm... Maybe another roll-up for a little bar and the idea was hatched for the Cantina. Of course, I still have a storage issue but this is a cool backyard bar. I live on a golf course so it's a great place to sit and watch a game on the TV or watch the players going though. You might be surprised at the number of 'friends' who just happen to shag a ball over near my fence....

Old 12-05-2012, 07:29 PM   #7
TBaGZ
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 90

You live on a golf course and they let you have a shed (anything) in your backyard? Not in FL they won't lol

Quick Reply