The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Working on a recipe designer / batch manager for Android - who's interested?

View Poll Results: How interested would you be in a brewing Android app?
Extremely - willing to pay if it suited my needs 62 53.91%
Very - I'd try it out for free 47 40.87%
Somewhat - I'd consider trying it 2 1.74%
Nah - My current tools work just fine 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #21
jamebow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

It brings me the android brewing app. It does this whenever it is told too. It brings me the android brewing app or it gets the hose again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #22
Brandonchr
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullenite View Post
I'd be interested if you make it compatible with older versions of Android. I'm not giving up my G1 anytime soon but it's also no longer being updated.
I second this. I have a Motorola Cliq XT, and it is still running Android 1.5 (supposed to be updated this summer, but who knows) so if it was compatible that would be cool. I will test for you if need be.
Prost!

Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #23
Mirilis
Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I would LOVE a GOOD brewing app for my droid.. I spend significant time on it and I have no recipe formulation, note taking, or inventory management. It would especially kick ass if it were compatable with beersmith.

=============
I have no cool threads to link.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:33 PM   #24
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2707 Times on 1626 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

For the heck of it I searched the beersmith forum for any mention of the android platform, and folks are requestion it there too, but I don't think Brad's in any hurry to do it, which kinda sucks. But I did find this...

Quote:
Hmmm,
You can export them as HTML (in fact you can actually select a whole bunch at once and export them) and display them on your phone. In fact with a little work you could probably make a custom web template to make it all fit on the phone's screen.

Cheers,
Brad

Re: I'd pay more to...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 11:21:34 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi mch2smw,

Brad's suggestion is the way to do it "now".

Instead of an iPhone, I have a Nokia N800 internet tablet.... it's very similar in capabilities to the iphone.

What I did to automate this was:
1) Install Apache webserver on my PC
2) web-share a documents directory.
3) the web share contains the exported HTML from Beersmith.
4) view the documents dir from my Nokia
5) profit!

The document share method works OK if my Nokia is on the same (home) network as my PC.
If I go mobile or use someone's PC off at their home... then the idea falls flat.

I could rig a script to post the recipe sheets to say Google Documents, etc. if I were motivated enough.

FYI - In another thread some of us were asking for the ability to "upload" our recipes online, so they could be accessed from a browser or other copy of Beersmith.
Of course all this smart phone stuff is new to me, and I'm not much of a programming person so this is greek or geek to me, but if anyone can makes sense of this it would be cool.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-22-2010, 08:43 PM   #25
flyerwire
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirilis View Post
I would LOVE a GOOD brewing app for my droid.. I spend significant time on it and I have no recipe formulation, note taking, or inventory management. It would especially kick ass if it were compatable with beersmith.
I emailed the developer of Brewer and he said he was working on an import method to be compatible with beersmith and others (using beerxml i gather)

anxiously awaiting that as i really don't want to be putting my recipes in two places, although it is decent enough if you want to throw a recipe together and don't have access to a computer

Old 06-23-2010, 04:11 AM   #26
terrencepickles
Recipes 

Just got a nexus one.

Would also like something compatible with beersmith.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:43 PM   #27
john98026
Recipes 

Default Android + Beersmith would be GREAT!

Just got my HTC Eris and would love it if I could formulate a recipe and transfer it to beersmith or vice versa.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #28
thegreathoe
Recipes 

i was involved a lil with rooting the eris... helped do a lot of testing of roms in the beginning. anyway, i'd be willing to help if needed. however there is one really simple app i'd love to see... one with a huge database of the different beers available that you can simply rate and give tasting notes on... would be bliss in a bar where you see something you havnt tried before but were interested in. would need a lil bit of a user base though so you dont have ppl voting for all the light beer crap available...lol... oh well, we will see if i have time to develop someday.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #29
MilwaukeeBrewGuy
Recipes 

Droid - Froyo. I would be interested!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:34 AM   #30
grathan
Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I'd also like to see Beersmith type features or perhaps just import/export ability.

Tags
android, droid, google, recipe design, software

Quick Reply