Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Working on a recipe designer / batch manager for Android - who's interested?

View Poll Results: How interested would you be in a brewing Android app?
Extremely - willing to pay if it suited my needs 62 53.91%
Very - I'd try it out for free 47 40.87%
Somewhat - I'd consider trying it 2 1.74%
Nah - My current tools work just fine 4 3.48%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
iancanderson
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalomani View Post
If you could make something similar to brew pal on the ipod/phone I would be very grateful. Brew pal is simple to use, customizable, and has cool things like a flavor wheel and style matcher.
My goal is to make something as powerful as BrewPal, if not better. I'm hoping for an initial release in a few months.

Thanks everyone for your replies! Keep motivating me to get to work on it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #12
terrencepickles
Recipes 

I would pay for something if it was comprehensive.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #13
OMJ
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would definitely pay for some real android brewing software. The programs that are out there right now are kind of weak

Old 05-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
FailureDrill
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would also pay for something if it was comprehensive. It would be nice to have a quality app around when you get a sudden inspiration or find a recipe you want to enter. Picking up an EVO 4G on June 7th, so the the sooner the better!

Also, let me know if you need beta testers for it.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #15
pava
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yep, I have a droid and would pay for a comprehensive program. So far I have stayed away from the brewing software that is out there for android because none of it seems to be what I am looking for. Keep updating us on your progress and if you need testers when you are close to releasing it let me know (testing software is what I do for a living)

Aging/DryHopping:
Planned:

Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
iancanderson
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pava View Post
yep, I have a droid and would pay for a comprehensive program. So far I have stayed away from the brewing software that is out there for android because none of it seems to be what I am looking for. Keep updating us on your progress and if you need testers when you are close to releasing it let me know (testing software is what I do for a living)
Thanks for the offer! I just got a new job so I'll be spending the next month packing / moving / unpacking. However, I fully intend to get back to work in July and have something to beta test in August!

Old 06-10-2010, 03:04 PM   #17
daveotero
Recipes 

My interest in an android brewing platform would be mostly for brew day utilities. The ability to export a beer xml file to my dropbox then just crack it open on my phone and have timers ready to go would be awesome. Ability to tweak thinks like your bittering addition for the alpha acids of your hops on hand, or water to grist ratio would be even better. Would also be handy to make adjustments to recipes at the brew shop when they're out of something.

I wouldn't be looking to replace my desktop brewing software and spreadsheets, but to have a quick tool to make adjustments on the fly and be a pre loaded boil timer. Just my 2¢.

Looking forward to it and of course always happy to beta test

Old 06-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
mullenite
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'd be interested if you make it compatible with older versions of Android. I'm not giving up my G1 anytime soon but it's also no longer being updated.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:21 PM   #19
Jumbo82

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I use the HomeBrew Calculator app on my Droid for things like figuring out attenuation, IBUs (for substitutions), and the like. When it comes to formulating recipes, I use BeerSmith on my PC and take a printout with me to the brewery. I don't foresee an app replacing BeerSmith for me, but I would love to give it a try. Keep us posted, I'm sure you'll find plenty of beta testers here.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2710 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

I haven't found a recipe calculator for my droid yet, but I have Brewzor and homebrew calculator on mine. They both have some nice features. I mostly use brewzor's refractometer convertor.

I haven't found anything to import or use beersmith on mine. I did once go online on my phone to beercalculus.com, and do a recipe on there.

I use a generic stop watch app during boils. The timer on hb calc is difficult to imput info it, and if you tilt it to landscape mode to use the keyboard it crashes. On brewzor I mostly just use the refractometer convertor to convert the brix to specific gravity.

I would love a beersmith app. so I could call up my recipes, and make changes on the fly for recipes. If it could go between my droid with .bsm files and my beersmith it would be awesome.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Tags
android, droid, google, recipe design, software

Quick Reply