Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Wish List for Brewtarget

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2014, 04:06 AM   #1
MT2sum
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Wish List for Brewtarget

If there isn't already a thread for Brewtarget that tells the devs what you'd like to see someday, I'm starting one here.

I'd like to see something included where you could tell or ask Brewtarget how much corn sugar/honey/Jaggery you need to use for bottle conditioning to attain a certain amount of carbonation volumes. Every so often I see a recipe that says I need a certain amount of volumes for the carbonation - since I'm not a geek of any kind, I'd like to see if that's possible to incorporate into a computer program like Brewtarget. Right now I use either 3/4 cup of corn sugar or 2/3 cup of honey or jaggery per 5 gallon batch. That's all I've ever been able to come up with, knowing nothing about carbonation volumes.

Stouts, IPA's, Porters - "The Mo' Bitter, the Mo' Better!"
Pouring: John Bull Lager/Porter/IPA/Stout/whatever? Munton's Nut Brown, Organic Hard Cider
Conditioning: Munton's IPA, Smoked Porter
1879 Dublin XXX Stout, Oakshire O'Dark:30 Clone, O'Dark:32 (2nd runnings ;) of the above)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
Rivenin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 177 Times on 143 Posts
Likes Given: 103

here is this until they can put that together
http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/

Coming up Porter
Electric 120v Brutus 20

Old 08-27-2014, 12:23 PM   #3
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2sum View Post
If there isn't already a thread for Brewtarget that tells the devs what you'd like to see someday, I'm starting one here.

I'd like to see something included where you could tell or ask Brewtarget how much corn sugar/honey/Jaggery you need to use for bottle conditioning to attain a certain amount of carbonation volumes. Every so often I see a recipe that says I need a certain amount of volumes for the carbonation - since I'm not a geek of any kind, I'd like to see if that's possible to incorporate into a computer program like Brewtarget. Right now I use either 3/4 cup of corn sugar or 2/3 cup of honey or jaggery per 5 gallon batch. That's all I've ever been able to come up with, knowing nothing about carbonation volumes.
Tools -> Priming Calculator

Fill in the amount of beer, the (serving) temperature of the beer, the desired volume and what you are priming with and then press the Calculate button.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #4
MT2sum
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivenin View Post
here is this until they can put that together
http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/
Thanks for the link!

Pouring: John Bull Lager/Porter/IPA/Stout/whatever? Munton's Nut Brown, Organic Hard Cider
1879 Dublin XXX Stout, Oakshire O'Dark:30 Clone, O'Dark:32 (2nd runnings ;) of the above)

Old 09-10-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
MT2sum
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
Tools -> Priming Calculator

Fill in the amount of beer, the (serving) temperature of the beer, the desired volume and what you are priming with and then press the Calculate button.

Mik
See, I told ya I wasn't no geek! LOL!
When is someone going to come out with a manual that tells me how to do all this stuff? I had qbrew a few years back, but could never figure it out, and haven't been able to make hide nor hair out of Brewsmith's free 30-day trial - I like BrewTarget, there's still some things I can't figure out, but the more you tell me, the more I like it! Thanks!!

Old 09-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #6
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT2sum View Post
See, I told ya I wasn't no geek! LOL!
When is someone going to come out with a manual that tells me how to do all this stuff? I had qbrew a few years back, but could never figure it out, and haven't been able to make hide nor hair out of Brewsmith's free 30-day trial - I like BrewTarget, there's still some things I can't figure out, but the more you tell me, the more I like it! Thanks!!
Help me write it better. Go to About -> Manual and tell me what's missing. One of the big problems I have when writing documentation is I know the code. I tend to not explain it so that somebody who doesn't know the code can figure it out. This is why professional dev shops never let the coders write the test cases

I would also like to rework that portion of the manual anyway -- there are tools that I don't understand.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 09-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #7
MT2sum
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
Help me write it better. Go to About -> Manual and tell me what's missing. One of the big problems I have when writing documentation is I know the code. I tend to not explain it so that somebody who doesn't know the code can figure it out. This is why professional dev shops never let the coders write the test cases

I would also like to rework that portion of the manual anyway -- there are tools that I don't understand.

Mik
I'll try to do that .... I may not be on the net much for the next few weeks, but I can do that offline in Libre Office and see if I can word it where the guru (you) can understand the computer illiterate (me)!

Quick Reply