New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Why is Beer Smith giving me different results each time?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #1
SteakW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Why is Beer Smith giving me different results each time?

I was using Beersmith 2.2 and when I converted an AG recipe to extract it included a little of the specialty grains. Then later I was converting the same recipe and the specialty grains were gone in the extract version when they were there in the other extract version. Does this make sense somehow?

Also, has anyone noticed that if you take an AG recipe, turn it into extract then take that converted recipe and re-convert it into AG again, it's a completely different recipe? Usually resulting in way less grain?

I wanted to make BierMunchers Centennial Blonde but ran into this issue. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here? This makes me wonder if that last English Bitter (my maiden voyage with Beersmith) might not be what I had intended.
Any help appreciated
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply