What's up with Promash version?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uuurang

Reaction score
Looking for software I almost pulled trigger on Promash v.1.8a which seems to be what a lot of people use around here on the forum. When reading the website it looks to have been abandoned.

The current version is from March 8 '03. And the website mentions further updates...

"ProMash is currently in Version 1.8.a with more minor 1.x releases planned for release (including new enhancements and features). At this time, it is unclear exactly when a Version 2.0 will be released. However, the earliest possible date will be sometime in the 3'rd quater of 2006. The price for the full version of ProMash will be increased at that time." http://www.promash.com/Software/policy.html

What's the scoop?

From all appearances, Promash seems to be frozen in time...never updated, and still sporting a user interface that looks like it's from 1992. I expect you'll grow old waiting for the release of v2.0!

Have a look at BeerSmith, many of us prefer it. It's well supported, with regular updates and an active user forum where the author directly responds to issues. I found a minor bug, and it was corrected it a few weeks later! They offer a 21 day free trial, and it's just $19.95 should you decide to keep it.

BeerSmith

Ok thanks. I wish only the best for Mr. Promash and his family.

Stinks when life gets in the way of living.

Back