Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Tracking fermenter and keg space

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
deadcat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Tracking fermenter and keg space

A lot of great software exists to plan your brewing recipes, but has anyone found / developed a piece that tracks your fermentation and cellaring space? I basically manage the fermentation and cellaring for group of three that brews anywhere from 3-12 gallons at a time. I want an easy way to plan out my brewing calendar, to keep track of 4 primaries, 3 secondaries, and assorted kegs/mini-kegs/bottles, with a minimum of empty fermenter time. The best way I can do it now is to make a pseudo-calendar in a spreadsheet and try to block out the time I expect any given brew to sit in any given spot.

It looks like Brewblogger helps to plan out the calendar with "planned brews" and times that those are secondaried / lagered / tapped, but.... any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009, 01:22 AM   #2
dunleav1
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Maybe you should submit an enhancement request to Beersmith? (if you use Beersmith)
I'd like to track my stuff in there.

Old 02-27-2009, 03:58 AM   #3
dunleav1
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I heard something today where some people use Google calendar to track that stuff.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:44 PM   #4
deadcat
Recipes 

At the moment, I'm not married to any one software, so BeerSmith is a possibility. I generally map things out with a week by week psuedo-calendar on a spreadsheet. It ends up looking like a Gantt chart (project planning timeline), except you keep re-filling your resources (carboys and buckets).

Quick Reply