Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Tell Brad at Beersmith we want a mobile version!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #61
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 505 Times on 303 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I don't really have a problem with not being able to create recipes on the Android device, since I can create all of my recipes on my desktop, upload them to the cloud and then pull them down to my phone. I'm not sure I'll even bother with the full version when it does come out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #62
swiggingpig
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by landolincoln View Post
i don't really have a problem with not being able to create recipes on the android device, since i can create all of my recipes on my desktop, upload them to the cloud and then pull them down to my phone. I'm not sure i'll even bother with the full version when it does come out.
+1

Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #63
Psych
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 30

So this...isn't out for iOS, is it?

Shame that I'd have to upgrade to Beersmith2 to use it, but could be neat!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #64
BeerSmith
BeerSmith Author, Brewer
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts

To clarify:
- The "Lite" version does not have recipe editing/creation, but does have cloud integration so it is easy to move files from your desktop, a brewday timer, a cloud search function so you can browse the 3,000 recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com from your mobile device, tools, unit converters, and a reference section.
- The "full" version will have recipe editing - in a few months when it is done!

Here's a full description of the "lite" version and a video if you want to see what it looks like: http://beersmith.com/beersmith-lite-...d-and-android/

The lite version is available now for Android (Google play) and the Kindle Fire (Amazon app store). The iPhone/iPad version has been submitted to the Apple store, but we are still awaiting final approval from Apple. Unfortunately it is unclear whether this will take a few days or a few weeks to complete - it depends on their review process which can take several iterations to complete.

Brad

Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #65
SCWells72
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerSmith
To clarify:
The lite version is available now for Android (Google play) and the Kindle Fire (Amazon app store). The iPhone/iPad version has been submitted to the Apple store, but we are still awaiting final approval from Apple. Unfortunately it is unclear whether this will take a few days or a few weeks to complete - it depends on their review process which can take several iterations to complete.
The iOS version was released today. I installed it on my iPhone and iPad and it looks fantastic as a brew day tool! Great work, Brad! Can you update it to support the larger iPhone 5 screen, though?

Old 10-19-2012, 05:44 PM   #66
BeerSmith
BeerSmith Author, Brewer
Recipes 

The iPhone 5 (4" screen) fix I finished today along with some other fixes and will turn it over to the beta testers tonight. Then it will go to the app store next week and hopefully be to you about a week after that depending on their review cycle.

Brad

Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #67
ColeBeer78
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Anyone having a hard time opening the new app on iPhone4? My app won't launch. I've tried everything. Even deleted the app and reinstalled. Still won't launch.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #68
BeerSmith
BeerSmith Author, Brewer
Recipes 

No - in fact I have an iPhone 4S I did all of the testing on. We had several beta testers running iPhone 4. Two things to check: Make sure you are running IOS 4.1 or later and also make sure it is not jailbroke.

Brad

Old 10-21-2012, 12:53 AM   #69
jsguitar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 422

Well, this is awesome. I have an iPad I'm wanting to use it on. I just got the desktop (Mac) version recently but have only toyed around with it so far. I'm still using the free Homebrew Formulator, but it's not being updated anymore. Looking forward to using Beersmith, and especially being able to use it on the iPad. Thanks!

Old 10-21-2012, 03:27 AM   #70
ColeBeer78
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I'm running 4.3.1 not jail broken. I don't understand why it's not working. I'm gonna update my phone when I get time. I'll keep you informed what happens.

Quick Reply