Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Tell Brad at Beersmith we want a mobile version!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #51
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltsfan704 View Post
as of 30 seconds ago:

Beersmith beersmith-brad smith

@xdboltsfan i'm finishing up an online recipe sharing site and plan to start working on a mobile version of beersmith next.
Mar 14, 4:14 pm via tweetdeck
yayayayay!!!!

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #52
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 382 Times on 288 Posts
Likes Given: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
yayayayay!!!!

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 86 batches and counting (as of 7/17/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:29 PM   #53
nsrooen

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Beersmith 2 mobile is now on the Android Market. I just checked.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #54
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
Recipes 

First Praise:

Thank you Brad!!!! This is fantastic. Uploading my recipe to the cloud and logging on to my phone in the garage is perfect for my uses! I'm also grateful for the addition of the timers.

next, constructive criticism: I have not used this for a brew yet, but the fact you can't edit the recipe (although it does indeed come from the cloud) is an inconvenience. I frequently have to edit recipes on the fly based on whatever hops I happen to have on hand on brewday, and I lean heavily on taking notes in the notes section. Unless I bring my laptop to the brewroom invalidating the purpose of having BS on my phone, I can't do that with this version.

I'm grateful for what you've done, but I'm a paying customer for both versions now, so I want to be honest about my what I expect for my money. To all those who think I'm hating, please reread. I'm just being honest about what I as a consumer hope to gain from my purchases.

First Brew was thanksgiving 2011, I'm at 86 batches and counting (as of 7/17/2014), and ran out of room in my signature to list them all.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #55
LuiInIdaho

Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaysurfer View Post
First Praise:

next, constructive criticism: I have not used this for a brew yet, but the fact you can't edit the recipe (although it does indeed come from the cloud) is an inconvenience. I frequently have to edit recipes on the fly based on whatever hops I happen to have on hand on brewday, and I lean heavily on taking notes in the notes section. Unless I bring my laptop to the brewroom invalidating the purpose of having BS on my phone, I can't do that with this version.
In making his announcement that BeerSmith would be arriving on the Android and Apple platforms, Brad announced that first available would be a light version that would not allow you to edit recipes. He also announced that a full version for the Android and Apple platforms would be coming out later.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #56
jeremybrown9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

As said by Brad on 28 SEP 12 on the thread 'BeerSmith for Android and iPhone Almost Available'
"The lite version does not allow recipe editing/creation, but does have a full brew day timer, reference, tools, and unit converters. The full version (coming a few months later) will have recipe editing.

Also there is a nice feature to search the thousands of recipes on BeerSmithRecipes.com which is a great way to get new ideas (or waste time at work)."

Brad

Always do sober what you said you would do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. - Ernest Hemingway

Old 10-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #57
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

That's why I'm not in any hurry. I'll wait for the "heavy" version.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #58
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
Recipes 

My constructive criticism remains unchanged. A preannouncement that this product wouldn't have the ability to edit recipes doesn't make me want it less. I did pay for both products at this point, and I know Brad does this stuff mostly on his own.

But this thread was started almost a year ago. Maybe it's time to get some help on this. I hope what I've paid for this version will cover the upgraded version whenever it comes out. I'm a huge fan of Beersmith and have used it since day one of my brewing. So I'm just trying to give respectful feedback from a loyal customer. It's not bitching, and it's 100% topical.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:44 PM   #59
jbaysurfer
Former future HOF Brewer
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
That's why I'm not in any hurry. I'll wait for the "heavy" version.
Now that I've paid for it, I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done the same thing. If I'm out the 4 bucks though, so be it. Caveat Emptor.

Old 10-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #60
deflagratio
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Brad was very open on the capacity of this app. I am sad that it doesn't have fields for common corrections like gravity adjustment or the like. It would be cool for an app to have the brew day laid out step by step with common adjustment fields available. Another issue is the fact he doesn't take advantage of the android menu button for quick navigation. This is something I've seen on multiple apps with and iOS version. Does anyone know if the full version will be different on tablet or smartphone?

Quick Reply