Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Tell Brad at Beersmith we want a mobile version!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #21
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

I got the same response. Sadly, I own an andriod phone......

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #22
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2038 Times on 1465 Posts
Likes Given: 1119

Brewzor is a decent app for Android. I think it needs a few improvements to be complete, but it has a few nice calculators and I use it pretty much every time I brew.

Frankly, when I'm working on a recipe I could never see myself fumbling around with my touchscreen. I prefer a mouse and keyboard.

Old 01-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #23
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Brewzor is a decent app for Android. I think it needs a few improvements to be complete, but it has a few nice calculators and I use it pretty much every time I brew.

Frankly, when I'm working on a recipe I could never see myself fumbling around with my touchscreen. I prefer a mouse and keyboard.
I tried to make a recipe last night on my tablet in the Brewzor program. It was a pain and wont do it again. I do agree the calculators it has sure are handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #24
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2729 Times on 1637 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post

On Iphones a lot of apps use rollers to make selections rather than typing anything it.

I'm assuming in Ibrewmaster all their grains and hops and yeasts are on rollers as are the measurements shown above. You choose a grain, then the roller with weights pops up and you roll til you get to the weight you want.

It's pretty quick and easy.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #25
sudsmcgee
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 52

So what we've learned here is that Iphones have decent brew apps as far as data entry does, but android doesn't.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2729 Times on 1637 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudsmcgee View Post
So what we've learned here is that Iphones have decent brew apps as far as data entry does, but android doesn't.
I can't say how decent the brewing apps are since I'm holding out on buying one til we see what brad is going to do. But I will say having owned both a droid and an iphone, that Ipones have much easier data entry options than my android ever did. I really find those little spinny wheely things to be very simple to use.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #27
gunner65
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I can't say how decent the brewing apps are since I'm holding out on buying one til we see what brad is going to do. But I will say having owned both a droid and an iphone, that Ipones have much easier data entry options than my android ever did. I really find those little spinny wheely things to be very simple to use.
There is no reason why an android app couldnt utilize the spinning wheel selector. That is what erks me about android apps they have one for every iphone app available but usually are not as "polished" as their competitor. I think that as people are starting to migrate further and further away from PCs and more into the mobile smartphones as a do it all device we will and in some cases already are seeing that change for the better.

Single Vessel BIAB is all I need....Until we figure out the no vessel technique.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3192 Times on 1994 Posts
Likes Given: 2725

I got an email (might have been a cut/paste response) from Brad today indicating he is working on the backend functionality to make smart phone stuff work. He wants easy synchronization between phone and PC app, so cloud stuff is getting done now.

So I guess it's "in the works". Stay tuned. BTW, he mentioned Android / iPhone / iPad

Old 01-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #29
weirdboy
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 428 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 59

For everyone complaining about iphone only Beersmith, I sent Brad a link to an API that should allow him to do cross-platform development for both iOS and Android.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #30
pickles
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 23

I got a response as well, basically he said he's working on the cloud for recipe transfer and the app would get next priority. I guess well wait and see.

Quick Reply