Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Software Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
rafoster1987
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Software Help

Hey guys, I need some help. I just started brewing a couple of months ago and want to begin using a brewing software. I've downloaded beersmith and a couple of others, but I've run into a problem. My macbook is on its seventh year, and I never updated the OS (10.4.11) so none of the software programs will work. I plan on purchasing a new computer within the next year (thankfully I finish graduate school this May) so eventually this will no longer be a problem. Is there any software that will run on my macbook or even an older version of a current software? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 01:20 AM   #2
opus345
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafoster1987 View Post
Hey guys, I need some help. I just started brewing a couple of months ago and want to begin using a brewing software. I've downloaded beersmith and a couple of others, but I've run into a problem. My macbook is on its seventh year, and I never updated the OS (10.4.11) so none of the software programs will work. I plan on purchasing a new computer within the next year (thankfully I finish graduate school this May) so eventually this will no longer be a problem. Is there any software that will run on my macbook or even an older version of a current software? Thanks.
I use BrewersFriend (http://www.brewersfriend.com/) which is a cloud based service accessible via your browser. $10/year and they support Beer XML so if you decide to move away, you can take your stuff with you. I've already subscribed for the next year, but I think you can build 5 recipes and stored them on the free trial.

So far I like em.
Mead: Capsicumel, Strawberry, Jalapeno, Triple Berry, Blueberry, JOAM (2g), Apfelwein (20g),
On Deck:

Sleepycat Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply