- ABC Brew 1.01 - Requires Lotus 1-2-3.
- BeerAlchemy - native OSX app
- Beer Formula Calculator 1.3 - Excel spreadsheet..
- BeerMeister 2.0 - Mac OS 8 or higher or OS X versions available
- Beer Recipator - Online recipe formulation page.
- Beer Recipe Formulator , BRF20 Shareware DOS - Chris Campinelli
- BeerSmith - One of the most popular brewing programs designed for the home and professional brewer. Compatible with Windows (All versions), Mac (10.5 and higher), and Linux/Ubuntu (Beta).
- Beersmith2 Mobile for Android - just as the title says
- Beersmith 2 Mobile for iOs - just as the title says
- Beer Stein - Collector's Edition. Keep track of your beer stein collection with this package from Village Collectors for use with Windows 95 or higher.
- Brewmate - free, light-weight and easy-to-use beer recipe designer
- Brewtarget - Free and open source. Available for windows, mac, linux, and any other unix-like OS.
BreWater 3.0 - Windows utility for analyzing and synthesizing brewing water. Version 3.0 adds a pH calculation for water built from ion-free water as well as a Formulation Wizard, which will do all the water design work for you if you're too lazy to fiddle with the salt sliders yourself. Freeware; new all-in-one setup program with uninstall utility.
- Brew Log Pro 1.1 - For Palm.
- Brewsta - design, store and edit beer recipes. Cross platform home brewing software. paul sorenson
- Beer Tools - It's official, BeerTools Pro has launched. BeerTools Pro is a software package for formulating beer recipes, for designing mashing schedules and for calculating other factors when brewing beer. It is simple enough for the beginner yet powerful enough for the professional. BeerTools Pro has an interface for accessing recipes here at BeerTools.com. This means that you have access to over 5,400 recipes right away. BeerTools Pro is native for both Mac OS X and Windows 2000/XP/NT. Head on over to the store and check out the bundle options. Click here if you would you like to learn more about BTP.
- Brew Wizard 1.61 - Shareware. Home brewing reference, recipe calculator, inventory control, style guide, shopping list.
- Brewers Assistant - a free web application for managing your recipes, brewing log and schedule, boil additions, ingredients, and other HomeBrew-related activities
- Brewer's Friend - set of brewing tools, also available as iPhone and Android apps
- Home Brew Kit Master V1.4 - Home Brew Kit Master is a program for recording the details of your home brews, printing reports, calculating alcohol content, generating tasting sheets, and providing a searchable knowledge base of tips on home brewing. A great homebrewing aid, which will help you to create consistent homebrews. Suitable for all homebrewing kits, including beer, cider, and ginger beers. Shareware $15.
- Homebrew Formulator - is an application for creating and managing beer recipes on Mac OS X. It is a Filemaker runtime application, so it has a powerful database driving its capabilities.
- Homebrew Recipe Calculator 2.2 - Online program. designed to compute beer recipes and serve as a log for the brewing of those recipes. . Windows 3.1 or higher.
- Lee's Brewery Beer Math and conversion JAVA calculator - Online program.
- Lee's Brewery Hydrometer temperature correction JAVA applet - Online program.
- Mashcalc - Downloadable program for mash calculations.
- MashWater3.3 from http://suburb.semo.net/jthornton/BeerHome.htm This is a very simple and accurate (and free) calculator for mash water volumes.
- ProBrewer.com - Online brewering and conversion tools.
- ProMash - Commercial software designed for the experienced brewer. $24.95.
- Qbrew: Linux software
- SUDS 6.1 - SUDS is a brewer's database and log program. SUDS 6.1 is for Windows 9x/NT/ME or 2000. This program provides a single place to put all of your recipes, log entries and miscellaneous brewing comments. Provided is a formatted log entry system, Recipe formulator, water addition calculator and a host of other features. There is now a handheld version for Windows CE as well. Finally you can bring your recipe formulator into your brewery with you.
- StrangeBrew 1.7 - Powerful and easy to use recipe database for all types of homebrewers.
- Tinibuw IBU calculator 0.09 - Downloadable program.
Let me know if anything needs adding.
||01-25-2008 02:15 PM
The Homebrew formulator link doesn't work. It goes to the developers family photos, and requires a password.
On that subject, are there any other Mac users that have tried both Beer Alchemy and Beer Tools pro? I am going to get one or the other.
||01-25-2008 02:16 PM
I've never tried BeerTools, but I use BeerAlchemy. I like some things about it (the integration of the batches with the recipes), but I think it could use some work for things like mash calculations.
||01-25-2008 03:21 PM
I use Recipator. When I view my report I can copy it and paste it into a WORD.DOC and the format stays with it. ;)
||01-25-2008 06:21 PM
Wouldn't hurt for someone to correct the spelling in the thread title. Might make it a bit easier to find when searching, etc.
||01-28-2008 04:27 PM
I also was able to get Beersmith running under Wine, so that's another option for those of you who use Linux.
||01-30-2008 01:16 PM
How about adding the work of our member njnear76...?
I cannot speak for him, but I think his inspiration is Palmer's methods.
(We corresponded over minor typos and UI details)
||02-24-2008 07:59 PM
Any one recommend one software over the other? The "Beer Alchemy" software seems to be the most user friendly, but I dont run MAC and dont want to have to run my brewing software in an emulator. Ive tinkered with "Beer Smith" and its seems to be quite thorough, but me being a homebrewing noob, there are a lot of fields I dont know how to fill out.
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.