Wow! I emailed customer service with the same questions and I got a response within 30 minutes! Way to go ibrewmaster. Here is what the email said.
1) The bottom line is this: If you have 5 gallons in your MLT and you drain it, how much comes out? if it's only 4.7, then you have a loss of .3.
2) You can define these anyway you want. Infusion Out typically means a water infusion as a Mash Out...thus at a higher temperature. However, it's really just a title for users to keep straight the differences. So you can really define them however you want, rename them, adjust the temps, etc., etc. to customize them for your brewing techniques.
3) We are planning on expanding the yeast section. Right now, it only supports up to 9.99 yeast packages. We want to include larger amounts, yeast pitching rates, yeast starters, etc., etc. However you are scaling it, it must be trying to set the yeast packages greater than 9.99. Just set the yeast packages to .1, scale it, then set the yeast packages how you want it.
4) Nope...not yet. In the future, however. We just keep adding and adding and adding. I don't see any end to the app! Inventory is next, then syncing, then additional tools, then we'll see where we are at and what the demand is.
5) Soon! :-D
6) Not yet...another feature that's been asked for recently....we have the conversion formulas...it's just a matter of prioritizing the features we add.
I hope you enjoy the app otherwise! Please consider posting a quick review or rating on iTunes...we always appreciate the support!
Let us know if you have any other q's!
By the way, question six was 6. Is there a way to convert extract brews to all grain brews?