Last week to Enter the Spike Brewing 20 Gallon Sight Glass Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Python Recipe Creator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
ezzieyguywuf
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Python Recipe Creator

Hello all! I've thrown together a simple recipe creator using python that satisfies my preferred work flow: using vim and command-line utilities. The input is a human-readable text file (I arbitrarily use a .conf extension) and the output is directly to the command-line, though you can redirect to a file if you wish. See the github repository here for some sample outputs.

I've licensed this source code under the GPLv3 and have made it publicy available via the above link. I don't have any time to really develop it further, because it does the bare bones basics that I wanted it to. I thought I'd reach out to the greater homebrewtalk.com community, though, to gage any interest for growing this further.

So, anyone interested in growing this project at all?

cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
axivanax
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Gotta love the programming work, but I think a regular person would have easier time using excel etc.But nevertheless, If anyone has time they should try it.
---
Overall code is pretty clean, some vars I think should have better names(For example in line 91 using better names, would not require commenting what the variables are and the code would be more readable) .Other than that, good job!

Hopfen und malz, gott erhalt's!

Old 02-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #3
ezzieyguywuf
Recipes 

Hey, thanks for checking it out! I do realize that most people prefer some kind of GUI: it's why I couldn't find something that works for me available. I know brew target is a popular open source offering, but it's still not conducive to the work flow I like to use.

I'm going to cross post this on red dit, see if I can't get any bites there.

Cheers!

Quick Reply