Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Problems with Beersmith changing adjunct quantities after exiting and going back in

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2014, 01:37 AM   #1
Rev2010
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Default Problems with Beersmith changing adjunct quantities after exiting and going back in

Anyone else have problems with Beersmith 2 changing quantities of adjuncts when going back in to view the recipe? I have this problem with all recipes carried over from Beersmith 1. For example, this Belgian Wit recipe I have, every time I go into it the quantity of the coriander and sweet orange peel lower by about .3oz. Below are screen shots. The first is the recipe fixed to the proper amount. I save it, and if I reopen it it views fine until I exit the program. The moment I exit and go back in the quantity lowers (second pic). Exited and went in a third time and it's even lower (3rd pic). I've emailed Brad about it and attached the recipe so hopefully there will be a fix. I'm in Ubuntu Linux using the native Linux application, so not sure if this occurs in Windows, but it's a real issue. Been having to save all my recipes into Beersmith 1 so the quantities stay correct for reference.

As I said, I've emailed him, I'm really just curious to see if others have experienced this as it's a pretty large problem.

Rev.

pic1.jpg   pic2.jpg   pic3.jpg  

Reason: Updating original post for correction

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #2
stpug
Recipes 

Liked 358 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I'm not having that problem in windows using v2.2. Very strange indeed.

Reason: not v2.1

Old 11-04-2014, 01:53 AM   #3
stpug
Recipes 

Just tested the trial version 2.2 on Lubuntu and could not recreate that issue. Very strange. Hopefully Brad comes up with something useful. Usually it requires sending him your exported recipe, but maybe it's a bug he's aware of.

Old 11-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #4
Rev2010
Recipes 

Is your Lubuntu 64bit?

*EDIT - apparently I was wrong. This is only occurring with recipes originally created in Beersmith 1 that have been carried over. This recipe was tweaked and saved as a new version in Beersmith 2, version 9 of the recipe, and the problem is present. If I make the recipe up new from scratch in Beersmith 2 is doesn't happen. Still a pain to have to do as I simply tweak a lot of recipes I've been using since Beersmith 1. Well, hopefully Brad will have a way to resolve this. Otherwise I'll have to start from scratch and rebuild any recipes I'm using from Beersmith 1.

Rev.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #5
stpug
Recipes 

No, x86. I guess you're on a 64 bit distro?

Old 11-04-2014, 03:25 AM   #6
stpug
Recipes 

Just saw your edit. At least you know the culprit.

I wonder if you upload to the bs cloud, and then download them would resolve the problems automatically. You'd be limited to doing 15 recipes batches, but you could probably knock them out pretty quickly.

Old 11-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
Rev2010
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpug View Post
I wonder if you upload to the bs cloud, and then download them would resolve the problems automatically. You'd be limited to doing 15 recipes batches, but you could probably knock them out pretty quickly.
Tried that doesn't work. Also transferred to Beersmith in my phone, then back up to the cloud and down to the desktop and still does this. However, I recreated the recipe from scratch and it doesn't do it, again... only happening with files that originally existed in Beersmith 1. Oh well, just a bit of a nuisance.

Rev.

Old 11-04-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
stpug
Recipes 

Would you mind exporting your wit recipe and attaching here? There's a chance it can be resolved with a little regex replacing. Also, a file to compare with would be good also. If you've recreated the wit recipe and it doesn't do it, then export and attach that one as well. Finding the differences in the recipes may point to the problem. If you're interested, that is. Cheers!

Quick Reply