Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Problem running Brewater 3.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
DNW
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Problem running Brewater 3.0

I have downloaded and installed the above utility, but get an error message when I try to run it:

"The Win 16 Subsystem has insufficient resources to continue running. Click on OK, close your applications, and restart your machine."

Granted, I haven't tried doing that, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact that the program is over 10 years old. I tried changing the compatibility settings to no avail. I'm running XP Pro SP3 and currently have 1.8GB physical memory available...

I did have a VBRUN300.dll error at first, and I downloaded that and the install seemed to go fine, but now it won't run.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
RiverCityBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 23 Posts

I seem to remember this problem from a few years ago, had something to do with applications developed in the NT/2000 era. Take a look at this link but perform this task at your own risk!!!!!

http://www.vttoth.com/wow32.htm

Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
DNW
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Thanks for the link. I guess I'll take a pass - sounds like too much work and potential trouble for the anticipated benefit...

Quick Reply