Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Partial mash in iBrewMaster?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
nevery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default Partial mash in iBrewMaster?

Hi guys. I love ibrewmaster so far, but there's one thing I had to macguyver so far when I want to set up a partial mash. What I usually do is, when entering a 60 minute partial mash, is to set the grains to 120 minutes so that they are separate from the 60 boil minutes. On a more complicated mash, or with a 45 minute boil it can be confusing. For instance, I almost confused a pound of honey malt with honey because the print-out didn't list the grain/adjuct type or it's intended use. In fact, that's what made me change the way I do it now.

Maybe I should be suggesting this to Joe? Maybe he could add a divider or a special icon/indicator for partial mash, steeping, or additions to the boil to keep them as separate procedures. Since the mash and boil are different, I'd like them to indicate that in some way.

But anyway, so how do you guys enter a partial mash into ibrewmaster? Do you just enter 60 minutes for both grains and DME and just figure it out on brew day, or do you have another way to do it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply