Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway - Last Weekend to Enter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > iBrewmaster2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2013, 07:27 PM   #91
iBrewMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

HopRodGR,
I couldn't have said it better myself! That really sums up everything. If you're new to iBrewMaster, you're getting more now and getting it for less. For existing users, we need to earn your business for iBM2. We have added a lot of new features such as the pitching rates, calculators and water profiles that you mention. And, yes, we have some things to nail down, no doubt, and we will have the hatches secure very shortly. If we haven't earned your continued business yet, I have no doubt that we will as we continue to expand these options, take suggestions and implement new ideas!
Cheers,
Joe

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #92
Ragtop232
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Joe -

Again, I personally have issues with the way you've chosen to implement your new/upgraded version of iBrewMaster2. And as I said before, it's not really about the money, but principles. I have purchased almost every iOS app dealing with brewing that's available. I do support vendors that support the home-brewing community. However, I'll use BeerAlchemy2 as an example, I purchased v1 and when they released v2, they had an in-app reminder to update to v2 for 4.99 for existing users. How they did that, I don't know, but I have the receipts to prove it. I'm not an iOS app developer but a Mac application developer. Your parallel to MS Office isn't correct either, they give existing users upgrade pricing of which you surely are not. I bought your app in Dec 12 for 14.99, but now all of a sudden to get IBM2, I get a special price of 17.99. Hmmm, I'm still scratching my head on that upgrade discount.

Joe, also you are NOT obligated to give anyone upgrade pricing on your intellectual property, but to not do so is strongly against industry standard. And as you so elegantly stated, you are not obligated to add new features to your software once someone purchases it. As a matter of fact, I don't think you are obligated to fix bugs after the sale.

If your business model works, fine, but for me, I will not support it and ultimately the market will dictate your success or failure.

Jim

Old 05-31-2013, 10:12 PM   #93
iBrewMaster
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Jim,
That may explain some things as you don't strictly have to go thru Apple with Mac applications. You are free to distribute them outside the Mac Store. Since you are not an iOS developer, this may be what has led to your confusion on the matter. In either case, I agree that the market will dictate our success, and so far it is looking very good!
Thanks again, and good luck with your endeavors!

Cheers!
Joe

Old 06-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #94
CBelli
Beer Lover
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin489 View Post
I fly sparge as well and the original app always calculated my fly sparge volume correctly. As a matter of fact I was blown away at how accurately the default settings calculated my strike water temp and volume and my fly sparge volume. I always hit 75 to 80 percent efficiency relying on IBM software. Now that I downloaded the new version, I will see when I brew this Sunday if the new version is as perfect as the old.
Well I must be doing something wrong.... I even contacted support and they gave me a 15 step work around?

I would love it if you would possibly PM me with a screenshot of where this is? cause I'm baffled

Old 06-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #95
dustin489
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBelli

Well I must be doing something wrong.... I even contacted support and they gave me a 15 step work around?

I would love it if you would possibly PM me with a screenshot of where this is? cause I'm baffled

If I attached the image correctly it is a screenshot from the original version telling me how much volume of sparge water was needed to meet my preboil volume. I set the temp of 170.
image-3454174164.jpg

Old 06-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #96
dustin489
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBelli

For good measure here is a screenshot from the new version. I hope this helps?

image-3110492879.jpg

Old 06-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #97
reuliss
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Joe,

It seems to me that there might be an easy way to satisfy everyone. Why not make the app a free trial for, say, two weeks, after which point the user has to pay your price or no longer use it? This way everyone can decide for themselves if there is enough extra value to justify your asking price.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #98
kosmo
Recipes 

Hi All,
I've just bought iBrewMaster2 for my iPad.
It has crashed a few times whilst playing with the recipe section, ... I hope this does not happen when I start using it for brewing a batch. I've contacted iBrewMaster Support a few times via email but have had no response.

Has anyone else experience slow response times from the iBrewMaster Support Team?

BTW ... as of today it has been 1 week with no response.

cheers
Ian

Old 12-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #99
Retrofit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I typically get responses same day. From memory, there is a bug- if you don't have something with the water or mash plugged in- it can't save an incomplete profile and crashes. I thought there is a notice when you open it. Sort of vague answer, but that could be it. I'll play with it. If I can remember more I'll come back and chime in.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #100
kosmo
Recipes 

Hi Retrofit,
Thanks for the post reply. I just received a response from iBM ....
"Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We do have a new version that should drop before x-mss. We are very committed to resolving all issues, continually introducing new features, and making iBrewMaster the best brewing app out there."
Hopefully this will kill my bugs
cheers
Ian

Quick Reply