*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #21
Beezy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,384
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswest
Sure you can, click on More > Additions. You can add fruit and/or spices to the boil or the Fermenter and adjunts can be added under the grain bill.

I just really like the mash/sparge settings in Brew Pal. I'd much rather put in the numbers I want to hit and the grain temp rather than selecting from the long list of predefined mash schedules in iBrewMaster.
I don't think you quite get how that works in iBrewMaster. Check a little deeper into it. Since I have dug into iBrewMaster I can't think of a single reason to continue with brew pal.
__________________
Beezy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #22
zilch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 163
Liked 27 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default

I just got it so I've only used it for one batch so far. It worked really well. I enabled the hop addition timer and I almost dropped the iPad when it went off - serves me right for cranking the volume I guess

__________________
zilch is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #23
cswest
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: macomb, Il
Posts: 109
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
I don't think you quite get how that works in iBrewMaster. Check a little deeper into it. Since I have dug into iBrewMaster I can't think of a single reason to continue with brew pal.
I think I get it but help me out here. How can I easily choose a step infusion mash to hit 135 > 145 > 158 and then mash out at 170 using the temperature of my grains?

For my single reason: Brew Pal has a yeast pitching rate calculator built into it. I'm not aware of that feature in iBrewMaster.

Don't get me wrong, I like iBrewMaster and I still use it. I just think there's still room for improvement.

Best,
Sean
__________________
cswest is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 PM   #24
usfmikeb
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Leesburg, Virginia
Posts: 3,172
Liked 234 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Has anyone found an Android app that they like?

__________________
usfmikeb is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
Perch06
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 23
Default

Brewzor Pro for Android is a pretty useful little app. I do recipe formulation using iBrewmaster so I can't speak to how well that part of the app works, but its brewing calculators are very helpful. It even has a yeast pitching rate calculator.

__________________
Perch06 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #26
Beezy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,384
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cswest

I think I get it but help me out here. How can I easily choose a step infusion mash to hit 135 > 145 > 158 and then mash out at 170 using the temperature of my grains?

For my single reason: Brew Pal has a yeast pitching rate calculator built into it. I'm not aware of that feature in iBrewMaster.

Don't get me wrong, I like iBrewMaster and I still use it. I just think there's still room for improvement.

Best,
Sean
I am not sure how to explain it but I am pretty sure you can do it. My last brew had a step in it.

No it doesn't have a pitch rate calc. I am sure they will get to that eventually. I might suggest ******** 99 cent for that for now. I have mr malty but it's a rip off tbh.
__________________
Beezy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #27
Retrofit
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 810
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perch06 View Post
Brewzor Pro for Android is a pretty useful little app. I do recipe formulation using iBrewmaster so I can't speak to how well that part of the app works, but its brewing calculators are very helpful. It even has a yeast pitching rate calculator.
Ibrewmaster says "Coming Soon"

I think this is the next big thing they are working on.

If the app had an inventory add-on it would be damn near perfect.
__________________
Retrofit is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 01:10 AM   #28
fallenchicago
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Evanston, IL
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofit View Post
If the app had an inventory add-on it would be damn near perfect.
Just saw an update notice on my iPad tonight when I loaded the program. Inventory add on coming in the next few weeks.
__________________
fallenchicago is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #29
Beezy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,384
Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenchicago

Just saw an update notice on my iPad tonight when I loaded the program. Inventory add on coming in the next few weeks.
I have a boner.
__________________
Beezy is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2011, 03:40 PM   #30
Grinder12000
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Grinder12000's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Columbus WI
Posts: 2,949
Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Not a fan at all of this app - there is no infusion strike calculator which is a main function.

For instance - I have 4 lbs of grain at 68 degrees and 1.5 gallons of water. I want to mash a 152 - how hot should the initial water be! ???

__________________

Grinders Island Brewery - Pipeline

Bottled! Award winning East India Porter, Oatmeal Stout, Milk Stout, Saison fermenting at a nice controlled 85 degrees (up from 70) as it should be - weird isn't it.

Grinder12000 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools