Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > iBrewMaster (iPhone) - Great

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #101
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2701 Times on 2092 Posts
Likes Given: 346

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollisBT
Glad to see I'm not the only one who is feeling slighted by them charging what they are charging for the upgrade.

Especially since the features they added were promised to users as updates to the original app... I emailed the developer and got a very snarky/condescending reply from him. I will not be upgrading, and will be encouraging others to do the same.

I'd be glad to share the email replies from the developer if anyone is interested in seeing his opinion of those of us who have tried to help him with his app over the past few years.
I'd love to. When the app was first available I used the Support&Feedback function and got an email each time within a day. I used it a couple of months ago, and got nothing. Makes sense, since they were planning on rolling the promised features into the new version.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 04:00 AM   #102
Hawkeye11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

At first glance, I though $17 was a bit expensive. I went ahead and upgraded and bought v2. I am very impressed. After using version 1, Beersmith lite, and Beersmith full on the iPad, iBrewmaster2 is by far the best. I don't remember how much v1 was, but the recipe packs were $8 alone. Now there are 600 included. There are a couple of bugs which caused the program to exit, but these seem minor. The profiles, batch tracking, inventory tracking, and recipe editing are all first class. This is much easier to use than Beersmith full on the iPad which was also released in the past week.

The only aspect of Beersmith I like better are the references and Beersmith Cloud. IBrewmaster can save to your own DropBox account, but not interact with thousands of others like Beersmith cloud.

For now IBrewmaster2 will be my main app, moving recipes from Beersmith now.

I know what it takes to develop apps and deal with Apple. Personally I think this should be a $10 to $15 app, but I am satisfied with what I received paying $18. In app purchases to upgrade to a new version through Apple are very complicated because of Apple.

Hopefully they will continue to improve their cloud recipe sharing feature. It would probably be too much to ask to integrate Beersmith cloud. Overall highly recommended if you want to use your iPad or iPhone as your primary brewing computer.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 PM   #103
HollisBT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 16

From the reviews on iTunes, it's looking like its not going over very well at all...

I feel pretty good about my decision to go back to beersmith.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:30 PM   #104
HollisBT
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber

I'd love to. When the app was first available I used the Support&Feedback function and got an email each time within a day. I used it a couple of months ago, and got nothing. Makes sense, since they were planning on rolling the promised features into the new version.
I will go through them and make sure I'm not going to be posting his or my email address, and hopefully post up his email responses here within the next couple of days. I'm still somewhat shocked at the attitude he took, it is clear that customer service/satisfaction is not high on his priority list.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:58 AM   #105
TwoGunz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

I've been a long time iBrewmaster fan and started with the iPhone version and later bought the iPad one when I got my tablet. I saw the fairly expensive upgrade for v2 the other day and was a little disappointed seeing as I've already bought 2 versions. With that said, there's nothing wrong with the developer trying to get a return on his work but I personally don't see enough to warrant the upgrade purchase -- basically looks the same with some added calculators.

If the developer was rude in his response, that's definitely unwarranted.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS