Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > HBT App for Kindle Fire?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Bigscience
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default HBT App for Kindle Fire?

Has anyone been able to put the hbt app on their kindle fire? I've gotten too used to it on my iphone now.

First they came for my Four Loko and I said nothing, then they came for my Double Imperial Espresso Stout.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
Fionnbharr
Just Some Guy in a Hat
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I second this.

The mobile app is available on the Android Market for tablets (like the Kindle Fire (which is an Android tablet))... so long as the tablet is also a phone. "Phone" is a requirement. And the Kindle is not a phone.

The other markets for Android Apps seem to link to the official Android Market. It's really annoying to register at a new market online only to be pointed to the file at the other site.

Can anyone provide a link to the .apk file on a developers' site?

"Omit needless words."

- Strunk & White
"Eschew obfuscation."
- Anon.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
Bigscience
Recipes 

I got around this by just digging and finding the file. But for HBOgo, I had a friend download it on their phone and then email me the file. If I had a way to post the file I would.

FYI, HBT on the fire isn't as good as on the phone (not really optimized for it) but still way better than the web interface.

First they came for my Four Loko and I said nothing, then they came for my Double Imperial Espresso Stout.

Old 10-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #4
lsgray
Recipes 

Hey Bigscience, Could you email the file to lsgray@iastate.edu? I have tried and tried to get this app but every download that I find redirects me to Amazon.

Old 11-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #5
Bigscience
Recipes 

I'll see if I can find it or pull it off the fire and send it to you.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you've got an Android smartphone, download ES File Explorer, navigate to the App Manager (in ES), highlight HomebrewTalk and select backup. From there, upload the backed-up file on your SD card to your Dropbox, download onto your Kindle Fire (again, with Dropbox), and you're good to go.

You can also download AndroVM Android emulator (get the phone+tablet version) for VirtualBox, then proceed with the above directions.

I thought at one point there was a direct link to the file on this site, but I could be wrong.

On-Deck:

Primary: Pumpkin Saison; Common Perry

Kegged: BierMuncher's OktoberFAST Ale; Emmdub23's Belma Stout; Mosaic pilsner; Fir tip Maibock; Session IPA; Dry Apple Cider;

Bottled: Bacon488's Mild; Quad; Saison Americain; Tripel; Session Saison; Grodziskie; Belma/Strisselspalt Session Saison; Coffee Saison

Old 12-11-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1228 Times on 994 Posts

^^^ Thanks for that. I was able to scarf the HBT apk off my DroidX and side-load it onto my wife's Fire. While it's obviously not "tablet aware" it still looks pretty good and works fine.

btw, for anyone who doesn't routinely use ES File Explorer (btw, it's a great and free app imo) on the latest version you have to press and hold on the HBT app icon to get the context menu to pop up that has the Backup command. Might not be obvious...

Cheers!

Quick Reply