The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Good Bier | Store and Share Your Recipes [In The Cloud]

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
tristanoneil
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Good Bier | Store and Share Your Recipes [In The Cloud]

Hello all,

Not a frequent poster on homebrewtalk.com but am constantly reading through various threads. I'm a home brewer and a software developer by trade. I've tried using BeerSmith in the past but was never 100% satisfied with the experience. Don't get be wrong, it's a very powerful piece of software but I always wished that I could share and collaborate on recipes with fellow home brewers all over the world (not just keep them locked up on my computer). Also, I personally use multiple computers in a day so storing all those recipes on a single computer just doesn't quite work for me. So I was inspired to create Good Bier. The premise is simple it's a web app that allows home brewers to create, store and share their recipes in the cloud. It's not quite ready to go yet but you can find out more info and sign up for the mailing list at http://goodbier.com.

Also, I'd like to use this thread to facilitate feedback from fellow home brewers. If you had the chance to build your own home brewing application what would you want to see in it? Also, what do you think of my idea?

goodbier.png  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
dbrewski
This is my User Title
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Cool. I think a web based version is a good idea. Does it do mobile (meaning, show a mobile-app version) if browsing from phone? Is it recipes only or does it (will it) have other brewing aids, like conversions, calculators, etc?

Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #3
tristanoneil
Recipes 

It will certainly have a mobile version. While I'm not sure yet if this will be part of the initial release it will certainly come shortly after. Initially I was going to focus solely on the core competency of the application which in my mind is, give the user the ability to create, store and share recipes. Though I'd love to include other features such as conversions and calculators. I'd like to get the core application launched as soon as possible then let the community help decide what features are important to them.

So let's keep the ball rolling. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for features, post them!

Last edited by tristanoneil; 05-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:31 AM   #4
glenc101
Recipes 

This is a much needed tool, only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger on beersmith. I have a few computers I use and dual boots on all of them.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:37 AM   #5
res291que
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Check out Beersmith again they are working on a mobile link.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #6
glenc101
Recipes 

Unless its a pure mobile app it won't work for me, the 2 licences is my deal breaker, I'd blow that on one laptop

Old 05-16-2012, 04:39 AM   #7
glenc101
Recipes 

Too bad tho, I really like beersmith

Old 05-17-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
Bishop916
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

A brew day function that would let you print off a brewlog and then tally that date, use a calendar to track the brew thru ferm, secondary, etc, bottling. You could select the options up front maybe on brew day (2nd ferm yes no, etc) and it would alarm you thru email maybe or at least show a calendar of the brew so you can keep track of when it needs to be done

Fermenting: #21 Bishop's Notty Smash IPA
Fermenting: #20 Ol' Bishop's Jolly Holiday Grog
Conditioning:
Drinking:
Recently consumed: #16 Bishop's Tarbaby Coffee Porter, # 17 Bishop's Tall Two-Bit Blonde #18 Bishop Garity's Irish Red, #19 Bishop's Great Pumpkin
Planning to brew: Bishop's Great Pumpkin, Strong Scotch Ale

Quick Reply