Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > getting beersmith to my new computer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
apshaffer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default getting beersmith to my new computer?

Is there an easy way to get beersmith from my old computer to my new one? I do not have the registration key anymore as its has been several years. I want to get the program and all my files transferred over without purchasing the program or re-writing all my recipes. thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
bneal
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

There is a menu option under Help to "Recover Key". Type in the email address you originally used to register and a copy of your key will be sent.

Download and install a new copy of Beersmith on your new computer.
Make sure the version numbers are the same on each computer.
Make sure that beersmith isn't running on either computer during the following step.
Copy the *.bsmx and *.bxml files from the folder where beersmith is installed on the old computer to the same location on the new computer. It is probably at c:\program files\beersmith2 if you are on windows.

If that doesn't work, try the beersmith forum http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply