Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Extract Brewing Schedule Available?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
raouliii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 100

Default Extract Brewing Schedule Available?

I searched around for the answer but couldn't readily find it. I hope this isn't a rehash of a previous thread.

I'm an extract/crystal brewer. No mashing, only steeping. I've been using the trial of BTP and have selected timed late additions of LME but when I print the recipe, this information is not printed. Is there a way to print this information? Having to pencil it in after printing is weak.

In addition, I select hop additions with boil times. However, the times are relative to the end of the boil, so it seems kinda *ss-backwards.

What I'm really looking for in my printed recipe is a schedule, from steep or boil start time, for each of the steps in my recipe.

Does BTP or BeerSmith provide this functionality?

Thanks for any insight.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
raouliii
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 100

I've downloaded a trial of BeerSmith and have found what I'm looking for. The print brewsheet function.

BeerToolsPro doesn't appear to have this functionality?

As a brewing novice, I am searching for a software package that will work for me now as well as later as I mature as a brewer. IMO, BeerToolsPro has a slicker gui and printouts but the lack of the brewsheet/schedule printout is a deal breaker for me.

While BeerSmith's brewsheet is not without its drawbacks, its better than nothing. Times relative to the start of boil would be more useful to me than the existing, times relative to the end of boil.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #3
Brek81
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

beer target does put late addition extract as a seperate item on the brewday sheet.

Quick Reply