Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Editable PDF Brew Log

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
kennywd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Default Editable PDF Brew Log

I was just messing around trying to build me a brew log file that is editable, and could be printed off as a blank form as well. Not really sure if this is a good idea, but I kinda wanted to see what others think of it. If alot of ppl like it I may continue to edit it. Also I am up for any idea for changes. Thanks for reading.

This Brew Log is completely editable and can also be printed off to write on as well. You can save the files after you add the data.
*Updated V1.3.2 3/7/12*
*Now includes a Checklist for Extract
** Includes Tasting Notes

Here is File: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44796802/BrewForm_v1.3.2.pdf

page1.jpg   page2.jpg   page3.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
quadmx08
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like it. I am thinking a about doing an excel version, with a tab to keep a tally of efficiency and attenuation. I'm a pretty new and haven't really taken the best notes so far. I want to start and I think this might. Be really helpful.

Primary
Zombie Dust Clone, Little Zombie party gyle

Bottled
Hillbilly Wheat, 777 new albian clone, Drunken Troll American Barleywine

DaveSutton Likes This 
Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #3
RogerMcAllen
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Having a standard form that you can easily print is a great idea for keeping track of your brews.

I don't know how to do it as a PDF, but an excel table like quadmx08 suggested is what I would do. The bonus is that in excel you can use the formulas to pull the data together to get some fun stats.

How many pounds of grain did I use last year, what types, hops, efficiency over time, etc.

Old 03-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
kennywd
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMcAllen View Post
Having a standard form that you can easily print is a great idea for keeping track of your brews.

I don't know how to do it as a PDF, but an excel table like quadmx08 suggested is what I would do. The bonus is that in excel you can use the formulas to pull the data together to get some fun stats.

How many pounds of grain did I use last year, what types, hops, efficiency over time, etc.
*Updated V1.1.0*

Your right with the Excel and I do plan on that as well, but I dont much care for open offices version or at least all the ones I download wont work well with open office. So far we have been just using print offs and I still keep everything either on my computer or my iBrewMaster ipad. but we do keep paper back up in case something happens. Plus this helps with the what did he write? Since I don't have the best hand writing this helps keep 90% readable. But I will work on an excel version in the future at least one that works with Microsoft and open office.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
kennywd
Recipes 

+1 *Updated V1.2.1*

added a few new things cleaned up from previous version, and added a checklist for extract brewing which atm is all we are able to do.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
kennywd
Recipes 

Adding a page for tasting notes(scoring) just cause I want too. And some time later will add
Mash sheet, I dot do AG yet so I will have to just look around.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:45 AM   #7
kennywd
Recipes 

Added the Tasting Sheet, I think this will be it for a while until I start to do AG, But I believe I will be starting an Spreed Sheet file to add in auto calculations....

Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
DaveSutton
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Terrific product. Can't wait for the Excel version as I am trying to reduce paper files.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:39 AM   #9
kennywd
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSutton
Terrific product. Can't wait for the Excel version as I am trying to reduce paper files.
Thanks. Also I did notice that after you download you can save the file only print off. I will chance that in the next update. I believe you should be able to save the file. Just got to figure out what setting to change. Keep. Look out forth next update 1.3.3

Old 03-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #10
Seven
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 127 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennywd View Post
*Updated V1.1.0*

Your right with the Excel and I do plan on that as well, but I dont much care for open offices version or at least all the ones I download wont work well with open office. So far we have been just using print offs and I still keep everything either on my computer or my iBrewMaster ipad. but we do keep paper back up in case something happens. Plus this helps with the what did he write? Since I don't have the best hand writing this helps keep 90% readable. But I will work on an excel version in the future at least one that works with Microsoft and open office.
There's a great brew log that uses Google Docs here.

I like that spreadsheets can calculate formulas automatically for you once you enter in some basic data.

Quick Reply