Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > CP's Brew Chart 3.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 AM   #41
MX1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by havadog View Post
Hey CP - thanks for the spreadsheet. Couple suggestions (some easy, some probably less so). 1st - it would be really nice if the cells in which user inputs are needed are highlighted a different color than the non-modifiable cells. 2nd - would be nice to have an option of doing a mash out prior to 1st runnings to increase efficiency. Finally, being able to print out a brew-day action plan would be awesome. As it stands, it is necessary to flip back and forth between the recipe sheet and brewday sheet to determine mash volume and temperatures. Anyway, really great stuff, so thanks!
I just enter all my numbers, vols, additions and times into the Brewday notes part, and print that off.

Tim

"The ART of brewing Beer, is the ACT of brewing Beer"

Ferm 1: Colorado Common Cream Ale
Ferm 2:

On Deck: Pin Cushin IPA

Keg 1: House Amber Ale
Keg 2: Switchback Stout

Total Gallons brewed (2014) - 40

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #42
CPooley4
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX1 View Post
I just enter all my numbers, vols, additions and times into the Brewday notes part, and print that off.

Tim
That's a good way to do it. I typically just check back to the Recipe Sheet for anything I need. However, I do like the idea of adding the mash/sparge volumes and desired temps to the brewday sheet and will do so when I get a chance.

One thing to keep in mind for anyone using this. You can set your print area when attempting to print (I think that is probably what Tim is doing). I'll play with this a little more as I add these items to make sure it's set up for those that want to print it off. Not sure if I set a print area if that will map over to your computer or not, but I'll give it a shot.

cp

If you're considering buying brewing software do yourself a favor and download my Brew Chart/Workbook first. You may not need to spend that money.

I like beer math!

Old 02-25-2011, 03:25 PM   #43
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Looking forward to giving this a shot! Thanks CP!

Quick question: By what method do you guys integrate this spreadsheet into your record-keeping process?

I know some folks print off the Brew-day sheet that they could then stick into a binder. How about recipe workup...are you printing that up too?

Any suggestions if you wanted to keep electronic records? Maybe for each recipe or brew-day you save a separate version of the spreadsheet after filling in all of the relevant #s?

Just wonder how to get the most of it! Thanks....

Old 02-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #44
CPooley4
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadbill View Post
Looking forward to giving this a shot! Thanks CP!

Quick question: By what method do you guys integrate this spreadsheet into your record-keeping process?

I know some folks print off the Brew-day sheet that they could then stick into a binder. How about recipe workup...are you printing that up too?

Any suggestions if you wanted to keep electronic records? Maybe for each recipe or brew-day you save a separate version of the spreadsheet after filling in all of the relevant #s?

Just wonder how to get the most of it! Thanks....
Good question.

I created a brew folder and have a folder within that folder for each style of beer that I brew (APA, Porter, Kolsch, etc...). You would do a "save as" and name it for that particular beer for each beer you brew and save it in that style's folder. That allows me to have a detailed record of every beer I brew while still having the original program for a new beer.

Hope this helps and if you have additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

cp

If you're considering buying brewing software do yourself a favor and download my Brew Chart/Workbook first. You may not need to spend that money.

I like beer math!

Old 02-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #45
broadbill
Recipes 

Liked 322 Times on 226 Posts
Likes Given: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPooley4 View Post
Good question.

I created a brew folder and have a folder within that folder for each style of beer that I brew (APA, Porter, Kolsch, etc...). You would do a "save as" and name it for that particular beer for each beer you brew and save it in that style's folder. That allows me to have a detailed record of every beer I brew while still having the original program for a new beer.

Hope this helps and if you have additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

cp
Thanks! That is pretty much how I figured you would do it.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:38 AM   #46
CPooley4
Recipes 

Hey All,

I'm going to begin working on this thing again in the near future. I've already upgraded a couple of small items and will integrate some of the suggestions in the thread here as well once I get back at it.

Any feedback from users out there? Running into any challenges or issues? Anything you really like that you'd like to see expanded? If I spend time expanding the Designing Beers tab would you find it useful?

I'd love to get some additional thoughts on possible improvements you'd like to see if you have any. I don't have a lot planned at this point other than a few minor upgrades/additions. If there are any ideas out there I'd like to hear them.

cp

I like beer math!

Old 04-20-2011, 06:42 AM   #47
MX1
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 45 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 73

This, as it is now, is spot on. I really don't see how you can make it better, but thanks for trying.

I run all my beers through this, Beer Alchemy forMac and the iPad version, as well as brew target, and your numbers are what I check the others against.

Thanks for all the time and effort

Ti m

"The ART of brewing Beer, is the ACT of brewing Beer"

Ferm 1: Colorado Common Cream Ale
Ferm 2:

On Deck: Pin Cushin IPA

Keg 1: House Amber Ale
Keg 2: Switchback Stout

Total Gallons brewed (2014) - 40

Old 01-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #48
idigg
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

CP - which version is the latest? The one in the first post is a dead link, and the one in your signature is old? Thanks!

Justin

Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM   #49
CPooley4
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idigg View Post
CP - which version is the latest? The one in the first post is a dead link, and the one in your signature is old? Thanks!

Justin
Hey Justin - The most recent thread for the workbook is here - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f84/cps-...rkbook-260911/

However, that is probably old at this point as well. I'm in the middle of building a new house, but should be in by the end of February. Once we get settled I'm going to put the finishing touches on the latest upgrade.

I can actually email you the latest upgrade. It's not finished quite yet, but it's fully functional. Just need to do some maintenance/cleanup/minor additions to it before I publish it. Shoot me your email again via pm and I'll send it off to you.

cp

I like beer math!

Old 05-14-2012, 02:31 AM   #50
buckley28
Recipes 

So its showing 4.13 oz of priming sugar for my 5 gal Cali Pal Ale. I usually drop a 3/4 tblspn into each bottle prior to filling. So trying to figure out how much of 4.13 oz needs to go into 48 12oz. bottles. Or should I just drop the 4.13 oz. into the priming tank?

Quick Reply