Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > CP's Brew Chart 3.0

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 04:28 AM   #1
CPooley4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 8 Posts

Default CP's Brew Chart 3.0

http://rapidshare.com/files/448162486/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls - updated link, again

Hello All,

I've finished the most recent upgrade. I've added quite a few more features and have rearranged for a cleaner/more functional layout. The last version was great, but this one is much better imo. A lot of that comes from all the suggestions/thoughts/etc... from users here in the previous thread (General Beer Discussion thread) and via pm and email. There was a lot of great feedback and I've done my best to incorporate as much of it as I could while still staying true to my vision of this project. I'm hoping there will be another round of great feedback here as well so this thing can keep moving forward and improving. All told it's become a fun project for me and I don't plan on stopping it anytime soon. You'll find that it's about as automated as it can be while still giving the user full control over almost everything.

Some of the new features:

1. Added a kegging calculator/how to which coincides with the bottle priming calculator/how to.
2. All ingredients are in drop downs now. The malts and other fermentables all prefill with max points/yield and color for each one. I also included the functionality for you to change those figures if you'd like and the ability for the user to add ingredients to those lists as well.
3. The Recipe Sheet tab and Brewday tab have been separated to clean it up. You can still design a recipe with all the ingredients on the same page for easy review. Once you're done with designing the recipe you'll have a dedicated tab to your brewday where all the math is taken care of for you so you can concentrate on brewing and measuring.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions and offer feedback. Your feedback last time around is what pushed this version to where it is now. Thanks to all that helped with feedback, testing, questions, etc... MX1 and NorCalAngler were nice enough to test this thing while I was developing it so thank you both for taking the time to do so as it really helped.

For those that have not used this in the past, here is a brief description of what you'd find if you download:

This workbook should allow you to design your beers and take them from the recipe design stage all the way to first taste while giving you the ability to do things optimally to produce the best beer you can. Each tab contains how to information based upon best practices found within the homebrewing community. You should find everything easy to use, automated where possible, and designed to help you concentrate on brewing and brewing well rather than math. If you use the Brewday tab properly it will do all the brewday math for you so you can just concentrate on your process and measurements. You will be able to track everything you need to track in order to replicate or troubleshoot the beer in the future.

Hope you enjoy it.

cp

If you're considering buying brewing software do yourself a favor and download my Brew Chart/Workbook first. You may not need to spend that money.

I like beer math!

Reason: updated link

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
powerfreak
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Awesome! Checking it out this weekend.

Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
CPooley4
Recipes 

Sounds good. Let me know if you have any questions etc...

Also, I just realized I forgot to unprotect the water profile tab starting water cells. I'll fix that when I get home and correct the link. Will post once it's been updated.

cp

If you're considering buying brewing software do yourself a favor and download my Brew Chart/Workbook first. You may not need to spend that money.

I like beer math!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
CPooley4
Recipes 

http://rapidshare.com/files/448162486/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls - updated again.

Updated link above with the cells unlocked. If you notice anything that you feel may not be working as it should, whether it's a locked cell or a calculation, please let me know.

The link in the original post has been updated as well.

Looks like about 40 people had already downloaded. If you are one of those 40 please make sure you re-download.

Please offer your feedback, questions, or ideas.

cp

I like beer math!

Old 02-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #5
CPooley4
Recipes 

Apologies for the additional post. However, a user just let me know that I still had a couple of cells locked that should not have been. If you downloaded a previous link please make sure to re-download. The locked cells were on TH's EZ Water Spreadsheet.

The link in the original post and my signature have been updated.

Here is the link as well - http://rapidshare.com/files/448162486/CP_s_Brew_Chart_3.0.xls
Thanks.

cp

I like beer math!

Old 02-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Coog_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CP,

I'm getting this error when trying to download your chart:

ERROR: Login failed. Account not validated. (2b976ba6)

Old 02-13-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
CPooley4
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coog_Brew View Post
CP,

I'm getting this error when trying to download your chart:

ERROR: Login failed. Account not validated. (2b976ba6)
Wow, I've never seen that before. You shouldn't need an account to download it. It's free. Keep in mind, when you hit the link there will be a small pop up on your screen. Hit "no" to that and then use the slow download option on the page for the free download.

Try the link in my signature below and let me know if you get the same thing. I thought I updated all the links, but maybe I missed one. If you are still having issues post it here and then also send me your email address via pm and I'll send it to you directly.

Thanks.

cp

I like beer math!

Old 02-13-2011, 05:23 PM   #8
Coog_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm getting the same error. I tried to right click and download the spreadsheet but when I open the .xls document it is blank. I'll send you a PM.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #9
Coog_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

CP,

I got it to work. It had something to do with trying to download it in Firefox. Thanks. The spreadsheet looks great!

Old 02-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #10
CPooley4
Recipes 

Thanks, glad to hear it worked for you.

If you have any questions etc... please don't hesitate to ask.

cp

I like beer math!

Quick Reply