Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 2.0 Update

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #21
MT_Keg
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I am using the Windows Version... When I make new equipment and save it it only saves my boil volume and nothing else... If I go back in and input the batch size and input the rest and press save it only saves the batch size... Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks,

MT

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #22
eulipion2
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Just out of curiosity, does BT 2.0 still require the Qt libraries? Wondering if I need to worry about keeping them up to date.

On-Deck: Quad; Oktoberfest; Mild

Primary: Mosaic pilsner; Saison Americaine; Tripel

Kegged: Fir tip Maibock; Session IPA; Apple cider; Adventures in Homebrewing's Black Prinz Stout

Bottled: Session Saison; Grodziskie; "Clean Out the Freezer" IPA; Belma/Strisselspalt Session Saison; Coffee Saison

Old 02-22-2013, 05:12 PM   #23
mb82
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Keg View Post
I am using the Windows Version... When I make new equipment and save it it only saves my boil volume and nothing else... If I go back in and input the batch size and input the rest and press save it only saves the batch size... Am I doing something wrong???

Thanks,

MT
It is a bug I also found. It only takes one input and saves it. So you have to put each input in and click save then go back and put another one in. Kinda annoying.
Lets just say I am going to wait for the next update to 2.0 before I switch from 1.24 and hope some of these bugs have been worked out. I really like 2.0 for a lot of reasons, these bugs are annoying me though.

Primary: Chesterfield wild(1 gal),
Bottled: SMASH, Chesterfield Wild, Summer In Sommelsdijk
Up coming beers: Sati, Koyt or schipluyden.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:30 PM   #24
pbuelow
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb82 View Post
It is a bug I also found. It only takes one input and saves it. So you have to put each input in and click save then go back and put another one in. Kinda annoying.
Lets just say I am going to wait for the next update to 2.0 before I switch from 1.24 and hope some of these bugs have been worked out. I really like 2.0 for a lot of reasons, these bugs are annoying me though.
Sorry about that. Did anyone submit a bug report? That should be easy enough to fix.

Also, @eulipion2, the builds are statically linked to QT for both Windows and Mac. I don't do the Linux builds, but if we don't statically link them, then we should. However, what this means is that you should not need to update anything to use the software.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #25
Starderup
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I am not able to install it because of dependency libqtcore4:4.8.0. I found qt 5 and did make and make install, but really have run into a wall now. Have no idea how to proceed.

<priceless quote>My dog dropped his bone in my fermentor while I wasn't looking.</end quote>

Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #26
pbuelow
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

@Starderup, what system are you doing this on? Can you PM me privately, this isn't a good forum to troubleshoot on.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:35 PM   #27
mb82
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuelow View Post
Sorry about that. Did anyone submit a bug report? That should be easy enough to fix.

Also, @eulipion2, the builds are statically linked to QT for both Windows and Mac. I don't do the Linux builds, but if we don't statically link them, then we should. However, what this means is that you should not need to update anything to use the software.
I did submit a bug report about the efficiency. Looking at the tracker other bugs that have come after it have been put infront of it to be fixed. Maybe I am the only one?

Primary: Chesterfield wild(1 gal),
Bottled: SMASH, Chesterfield Wild, Summer In Sommelsdijk
Up coming beers: Sati, Koyt or schipluyden.

Old 02-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #28
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbuelow View Post

Two responses.

I have a fix for the first problem. We will need to discuss how we want to approach this.

For the second problem, we don't support qt5 yet. It hasn't hit any of my development systems yet, so I don't even know what will happen. I would recommend going here http://qt-project.org/downloads and scroll down to the qt 4.8 section. Download the appropriate libraries and try with those.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #29
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb82 View Post
I did submit a bug report about the efficiency. Looking at the tracker other bugs that have come after it have been put infront of it to be fixed. Maybe I am the only one?
Nope. I can reproduce. It seems to correct itself if you click around enough. I am fairly certain I know where to start looking for that kind of problem. I have assigned the bug to me and will figure it out once I have a few of the really burning problems taken care of.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Old 02-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #30
jlb307
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 22

going to download soon. does anyone have it set up for BIAB or partial mash?

Quick Reply