Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Brewing Software > Brewtarget 2.0 Update

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #171
mikfire
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyrmwood View Post
When I export to beer.xml, to add an entry to a competition, it says invalid xml. In the past, I just ignored it and manually entered my entries, but this time, I walked through the errors until I got an entry to submit and the issue is that the contents of many of the fields are using non xml characters. I was able to get a valid xml file by using escape sequences, but it would be nice to have these fields go through an escape converter on export.

For example, one field had
Code:
Bell’s Winter White Ale
but the apostrophe is not valid xml, it should be
Code:
Bell & # 8217 ; s Winter White Ale
*without the spaces, this form evidently converts xml escape characters back to text
I will get a bug report opened on launchpad and look into it. I thought we had fixed this when we did the xml -> database conversion, but apparently not.

Mik

No brew plan survives contact with Murphy

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2014, 12:11 AM   #172
krole
Recipes 

Since this seems to be the active BrewTarget thread with the developers...

Any idea why the Ubuntu repository doesn't have the latest release? Can you guys make your own PPA instead of install a deb file for the latest release?

Old 07-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #173
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krole View Post

Any idea why the Ubuntu repository doesn't have the latest release? Can you guys make your own PPA instead of install a deb file for the latest release?
One of us at least.

I try to avoid the build systems if I can. I will ask a few others and see if we can get something posted to brewtarget.org/downloads.

Mik

Old 07-24-2014, 03:50 AM   #174
krole
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
One of us at least.

I try to avoid the build systems if I can. I will ask a few others and see if we can get something posted to brewtarget.org/downloads.

Mik
Cool, thanks.

I just think it would be beneficial to everyone in the end. You don't have to tell Ubuntu users to update to the latest if it is in the repository or if there was a PPA. I am not a developor or anything but this is my understanding, and I prefer not using debs directly as I like simple updates.

Oh ya, and thanks for the software!

Old 08-01-2014, 04:32 AM   #175
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krole View Post

I asked. The answer seems to be that Ubuntu won't update a package in stable unless it is fixing a show-stopping kind of bug.

I'm not an ubuntu sort of person, but I think we do have a PPA? https://code.launchpad.net/~brewtarg...ntu/brewtarget gives the details.

Don't grab the v2.1.0 build. It isn't quite ripe yet and will likely do bad things to your database.

Mik

Old 08-01-2014, 04:34 AM   #176
mikfire
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I did some digging and this is an oddity with Qt as far as I can tell. It escapes some characters (like ampersands and greater-than signs) like it should, but it doesn't other characters. The really hard part is figuring out how to fix it.

I'm still working on it, but for right now the best I can offer is don't put XML special characters into the names. Yeah, it isn't really a good answer.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:23 AM   #177
krole
Recipes 

Thanks for the response, but looks like only 2.1.0 is in the PPA for 14.04 which I am running. I assume because its meant for the devs to use.

sudo apt-cache policy brewtarget
brewtarget:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 2.1.0-0~20140804~ubuntu14.04.1
Version table:
2.1.0-0~20140804~ubuntu14.04.1 0
500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/brewtarget-...target/ubuntu/ trusty/main amd64 Packages
2.0.2-1 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ trusty/universe amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

Old 08-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #178
Wyrmwood
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfire View Post
I did some digging and this is an oddity with Qt as far as I can tell. It escapes some characters (like ampersands and greater-than signs) like it should, but it doesn't other characters. The really hard part is figuring out how to fix it.

I'm still working on it, but for right now the best I can offer is don't put XML special characters into the names. Yeah, it isn't really a good answer.
No worries, now that I understand it, I can at least edit the output. Unfortunately, most of the non-escaped characters are in the style notes
"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." Ben Franklin

Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 PM   #179
MT2sum
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Brewtarget works and upgrades pretty good in SolydX - (when I can keep that working .... - ....... I spend more time lurking on the SolydX forums trying to fix what I can, instead of using it much) I end up having to use the M$ version more than the Linux version - which, thanks to Mikfire is now working well!! I was never able to do much with any of the *buntu's.

Stouts, IPA's, Porters - "The Mo' Bitter, the Mo' Better!"
Pouring: John Bull Lager Baltic Porter, Munton's Nut Brown, Organic Hard Cider, Munton's IPA, Smoked Porter, 1879 Dublin XXX Stout, Oakshire O'Dark:30 Clone, O'Dark:32 (2nd runnings ;) of the above)
Secondary: Simcoe Assault

Old 09-10-2014, 03:33 AM   #180
sumbrewindude
Recipes 

Liked 113 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Just a question for the developers -

Is there any way you could add an AAU column to the Hops page? I know it sounds silly, but sometimes it'd be nice/fast to see calculated AAU's for recipes both developed and copied. There's a lot of recipes out there that just list AAU and it'd be nice to add/modify hop additions without doing math on the side.

Primaries: Marches Mild, Red Nose Seasonal WW
Bottled: K23 (last one!)
Kegged: Harvest Graf 2014, DPA Clone, Dampfbier, Hornet ESB
On Deck: All Brews Subject to Change With No Reason - loving small batch brewing AND Kegging!

Quick Reply